COLD DARK ROOM

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario

Roger Federer lost :( Some fans disgusted me by booing Sascha Zverev. He is only 21 and looked like he was going to cry. No excuse for booing the winner at all!

Poor kid. I had to google him to see if he's Russian, and the answer is, well, sort of. :) He's German (of Russian origin).

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Afternoon Alles....

Was able to sell off one of the pair of winter boots I put on Craigs List earlier this week, AND the guy who came for the boots also hauled away a truck load of those pine logs I had cut up a month or so ago. Saved me from getting rid of, or splitting and burning all those logs. Even gave the guy a discount on the price.

Later, since it’s a sunny and in the 40’s kind of day, started up a fire in the fire pit, and burned a lot of nice well seasoned mixed wood up. We built a bed of coals, layed down a big brick, and put a tin foil wrapper of sweet potatoes on for later...

Hung up a few bird feeders and suet containers near the wood shed. While in the back garden, noticed that our cyclamen-like plants are blooming.

Pix of the cyclamen.

View attachment 257544
Sounds lovely. I'd go with regular potatoes though... :D

(I'm still not reading well this morning; your greeting looked like 'Afternoon Allies' to me... Too much reading about the Great War lately -- or maybe I just need my second cup of coffee?)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Just listened, and she did very well talking about her carving.
Seemed very at home in the radio studio, and Stephen Fry already has one of her spoons!
It crossed my mind that in some parts of Wales she would be known as Wood the Wood :)

It was Richard Coles that already had a spoon. I would be very surp if Stephen Fry didn't own one shortly after the show... he clearly loved them.

This is the photo that Richard Coles posted on Twitter of the spoons that she took into the studio
DsMeJuLXcAAzOV3.jpeg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I had never heard of him until all the hype about the movie.
It seems impossible that you haven't heard of Freddie Mercury. Queen was one of the biggest bands in the world back in the 1970s. Their fan base was much wider than just the UK. Still it just goes to show that if that type of music isn't your thing then it will just pass you by. Personally, I was given a "Top of the Pops" LP for Christmas as an 11 year old and Bohemian Rhapsody was on it. I played that track endlessly :D

I am sure there are many things that others think are common knowledge that I have never heard of :D

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
It was Richard Coles that already had a spoon. I would be very surp if Stephen Fry didn't own one shortly after the show... he clearly loved them.

This is the photo that Richard Coles posted on Twitter of the spoons that she took into the studio
View attachment 257594
Beautiful work! Good morning, Linda!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
No tomato puree?
Sounds delicious, I may try that in school with the kids the next time I can't avoid cooking in social skills!
The Welsh cakes sound good too!
You teach cooking?! As a social skill?! The one that that relies on her popty ping and uses her oven as a wine rack?! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Still the "pizza roll" is easy if you have a bread maker with a pizza dough function. And take the wine out of the regular oven :D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning, Lena, Carol and any other early birds. Although it isn't very early. It is nearly 9am here which means it is 10am for Lena and 11am for Carol.

It is sunny and chilly here and we have a lazyish day planned. We need to rake leaves from the lawn and that's about it.

There will be plenty of time to watch the finals of the Tennis tournament on tv this afternoon :)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Did Queen not make it into the US? o_O For me, they're up there with the Beatles and Abba, and maybe just a couple more bands.

Ogh yes....Freddie Mercury and Queen made it here big time. I recall “We are the Champions” and “We Will We Will Rock You“ being on the radio allll of the time. Of course that is when I was at University so probably more IN TUNE with the music world at that time.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

View attachment 257594

Nice spoons and wonderful selection of wood types. You have to ask her if she ever made a spurtle!

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good morning, Lena, Carol and any other early birds. Although it isn't very early. It is nearly 9am here which means it is 10am for Lena and 11am for Carol.

It is sunny and chilly here and we have a lazyish day planned. We need to rake leaves from the lawn and that's about it.

There will be plenty of time to watch the finals of the Tennis tournament on tv this afternoon :)

Wow, you’re good at keeping track of all the time zones of the CDR!

I had the idea of going to a “byttemarked”, a version of a flea market to which you bring your junk (in decent standing) and can choose from somebody else’s junk (hopefully in good standing) in exchange. But it’s in Copenhagen and I might just do that in our local exchange market next Friday — on “Green” Friday.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Ogh yes....Freddie Mercury and Queen made it here big time. I recall “We are the Champions” and “We Will We Will Rock You“ being on the radio allll of the time. Of course that is when I was at University so probably more IN TUNE with the music world at that time.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Sporting results today have bern mixed.

Jamie Murray and his partner lost :(

Roger Federer lost :( Some fans disgusted me by booing Sascha Zverev. He is only 21 and looked like he was going to cry. No excuse for booing the winner at all!

In the rugby England managed to beat Japan ... and Wales ... well Wales beat Fiji 74-24[emoji33] Lyn, Adam and I are all delighted!!

JoesDad’s football team, Luton Town, beat Plymouth 5-1

Back to the tennis and the French pair we decided to support won too :)

One more match to go here - Djokovic v Anderson. I don’t really mind who wins this
Sounds like an awesome day. Except for the booing.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Afternoon Alles....

Was able to sell off one of the pair of winter boots I put on Craigs List earlier this week, AND the guy who came for the boots also hauled away a truck load of those pine logs I had cut up a month or so ago. Saved me from getting rid of, or splitting and burning all those logs. Even gave the guy a discount on the price.

Later, since it’s a sunny and in the 40’s kind of day, started up a fire in the fire pit, and burned a lot of nice well seasoned mixed wood up. We built a bed of coals, layed down a big brick, and put a tin foil wrapper of sweet potatoes on for later...

Hung up a few bird feeders and suet containers near the wood shed. While in the back garden, noticed that our cyclamen-like plants are blooming.

Pix of the cyclamen.

View attachment 257544
I love those flowers.