COLD DARK ROOM

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Back from a full day in Long Beach, Mississippi! Learned a bunch about Rotary International's humanitarian projects! And met 3 Rotary exchange students: one from France, one from Russia and one from Finland! They're teenagers between ages 15-18 who will live with families in the US for 1year. Really great stuff! :)
Back home for a nap before watching our local football (gridiron) team play on TV. It may be a pizza night for us!!! ;)
It's thundering outside, but radar shows just a small thunderstorm. We don't expect rain from Harvey for at least another day or so.

Bee62

Germany
And don't worry about the morning/evening/ afternoon greeting with me. It doesn't bother me in the least if the wrong greeting is used. It's evening somewhere in the world, right?

Thank you that it doesen`t bother you.
Yeah, it is evening somewhere in the world and in Germany it is night time ! It is 1 o`clock am ! So I can say: Nighty night ?:) ( Learned this from Adam ).:D

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I think it's because we now have quicker, easier electronics and news media that pass the info around the world.
Good afternoon, Yvonne. :)
You're certainly right, at least in part.
But we still have many reports of biggest/ most storms in recorded history/ 15 years or whatever rather frequently, driest summer, coldest winter, ice melting, etc.
The climate is always changing and I think we may be going through a bit of change, right now.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Back from a full day in Long Beach, Mississippi! Learned a bunch about Rotary International's humanitarian projects! And met 3 Rotary exchange students: one from France, one from Russia and one from Finland! They're teenagers between ages 15-18 who will live with families in the US for 1year. Really great stuff! :)
Back home for a nap before watching our local football (gridiron) team play on TV. It may be a pizza night for us!!! ;)
It's thundering outside, but radar shows just a small thunderstorm. We don't expect rain from Harvey for at least another day or so.
Glad you had a nice day. :)
Enjoy your football and pizza.
Save me a slice, please.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
collage (5).jpg

Before he had retired, Mr Adam had been a mechanic in a bus-garage. (yeah, right! ) And now he went back to his old place of work and asked his mates, Ronald and Abdul MacDonald, if he might use his old bench for an hour or two.
What he had to do now was to make something that would reach down from his own balcony to Mrs wifey's balcony and pick up a tortoise. This was not difficult for a mechanic like Mr Adam. (ahem)

20170826_174356.jpg

Page 26

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
KEEN ON OWNING A HAMSTER ?
Simply pee in the corner of your room and and make a nick in the end of your finger with a kitchen knife every couple of weeks for 18 months.
This is so true! Except you also need to dig into your cushions until you make a hole and pull the stuffing out.