COLD DARK ROOM

johnandjade

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
scotland
i got pulled out of base today, had to fill in for a guy who called in sick...

i had a wee booboo... misjudged pulling a car off a plinth and front wheel went down a gap :( , i don't think there is any damage but waiting to see.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
good mornooning my pritties :p

thank tort it's monday!!! 100ltrs of water i have taken down the stairs already today, who needs the gym ;) it's a rainy day again, makes my job easier:D

hope ya'll had a belter of a weekend and are ready to take on the world...

LETS GO BE AWESOME!!!

OOOOORRRAHHH!! \m/\m/
Good afternoon, John. :)
Washing tidying and cleaning for me this morning, too, so had to stay off the forum to get it done! :rolleyes:
You have a great week too, my friend.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Good morning, John!
I took daughter to school this morning, and that also felt like 100lt of water. :eek: Whoever came up with the idea that kids should start school at the age of 5? :mad:
Good afternoon, Lena! :)
Errrrrr, I don't know the answer to that question.
Points to anyone who does.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Good morning all!

First job of the day is to get one of our cars in for its annual service and MOT

In the UK, every car over 3 years old must pass an annual safety test as set by the Ministry Of Transport... hence MOT. The ministry is now called the Department of Transport, but the MOT name has stayed.
Good afternoon, Linda. :)
I thought that said "one of our cats". Must get new glasses.
Good luck to the car. :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I think your language skills are GREAT! I studied several languages over the years, partly for school and later for fun- it takes hard work, a good memory and an open mind!
Good for you! :)
Good morning, Bee !:)
Languages can be such fun.
You can form many friendships by trying to speak people's languages and getting it wrong ! :confused:
It breaks the ice.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Good morning, Bee !:)
Languages can be such fun.
You can form many friendships by trying to speak people's languages and getting it wrong ! :confused:
It breaks the ice.
Yes, indeed! :)
When I worked in New Zealand, I discovered some interesting differences in word usage despite the fact that both the US and New Zealand speak English, more or less!!
One example that comes to mind is that we use "suspenders" and "garters" to mean exactly the OPPOSITE things on our side of the Pond! :D Another is that over here, "fanny" is a very benign reference to one's bum that is acceptable in polite company, but over there... well, it's NOT!!!!! Ask me how I found out! On second thought, DON'T!!!!!! :confused::D:D:D:D

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
When I worked in New Zealand, I discovered some interesting differences in word usage despite the fact that both the US and New Zealand speak English, more or less!!
One example that comes to mind is that we use "suspenders" and "garters" to mean exactly the OPPOSITE things on our side of the Pond! :D
Yep, and we all know from here, that UK English and US English can be miles apart sometimes.
And as for Scottish English ! :eek:;)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
One example that comes to mind is that we use "suspenders" and "garters" to mean exactly the OPPOSITE things on our side of the Pond! :D Another is that over here, "fanny" is a very benign reference to one's bum that is acceptable in polite company, but over there... well, it's NOT!!!!! Ask me how I found out! On second thought, DON'T!!!!!! :confused::D:D:D:D
The NZ meaning of "fanny" is the same as it's meaning in UK English.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
CHEAP FIREWORKS
Moths dipped in lighter fuel and released into a room lit by candles suspended from the ceiling make an effective and inexpensive indoor firework display.
That would be illegal in Denmark, apparently. A local newspaper is telling the readers not to drown slugs in beer. (Meant not as a delicacy but a means of pest control. Or so I hope.) :confused: