10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all.

JoesDad and I are spending the day with his brother and his partner.

We're meeting in London because it's half way between where each of us lives. I have no idea what we're doing... JoesDad and BIL will only say that l'll "find out"

It's not posh, anyway, as the dress code is jeans :D

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Good morning all.

JoesDad and I are spending the day with his brother and his partner.

We're meeting in London because it's half way between where each of us lives. I have no idea what we're doing... JoesDad and BIL will only say that l'll "find out"

It's not posh, anyway, as the dress code is jeans :D

perhaps a sky dive ;)

good afternoon mum, looking forward to postcards:)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evening all. Now I know the mystery and why I wasn't told...

We went to the Olympic Park in East London, home to the stadium, etc... and the Orbit Tower which was built for the Olympics and looks like this. We went up to the viewing platform, in a lift, and walked down the long spiral ramp back in 2012.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1500741393.631800.jpg

If you look closely on the left of it, you will see a thin steel tube. That's a 178 metre (584') slide that's been added to the orbit... and we slid down it
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1500741577.528264.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1500741632.752942.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1500741651.943489.jpg

It takes 35 seconds apparently. With my fear of heights, I am not sure how I did it... but I did. :)

View across the city skyline
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1500742000.705238.jpg
And looking north over the Olympic Pool in the foreground
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1500742046.942360.jpg

Afterwards the 4 of us went for lunch and then we went to see Bat out of Hell the musical. As a Meatloaf fan in my teens, I was a bit apprehensive but it was great!

So now we're settling in for more food and drink before going our separate ways later on :)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA

We went to the Olympic Park in East London, home to the stadium, etc... and the Orbit Tower which was built for the Olympics and looks like this. We went up to the viewing platform, in a lift, and walked down the long spiral ramp back in 2012.
View attachment 213300

If you look closely on the left of it, you will see a thin steel tube. That's a 178 metre (584') slide that's been added to the orbit... and we slid down it
View attachment 213301
View attachment 213302
View attachment 213303

It takes 35 seconds apparently. With my fear of heights, I am not sure how I did it... but I did. :)

View attachment 213304
View attachment 213305

Afterwards the 4 of us went for lunch and then we went to see Bat out of Hell the musical. As a Meatloaf fan in my teens, I was a bit apprehensive but it was great!

So now we're settling in for more food and drink before going our separate ways later on :)
WOW!!!!! You are a BRAVE woman!!!!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
WOW!!!!! You are a BRAVE woman!!!!!
I think the word is INSANE actually :rolleyes:

We have just loaded up the back of our car ready to go to a Boot Fair tomorrow. (Car Boot = Trunk)

I'm not sure how that translates into American English. A Boot Fair is where you take your car full of stuff you don't want and park in a field, set out your stall and sell stuff to others. Sort of a yard sale?

Let's hope the rain stays away

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland

View attachment 213300

View attachment 213301
View attachment 213302
View attachment 213303

View attachment 213304
View attachment 213305

awesome:)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland

We have just loaded up the back of our car ready to go to a Boot Fair tomorrow. (Car Boot = Trunk)

I'm not sure how that translates into American English. A Boot Fair is where you take your car full of stuff you don't want and park in a field, set out your stall and sell stuff to others. Sort of a yard sale?

flea market?

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
i think even ed will be proud :p

remember, working by head lamp and a nasty coil bulb!!!!

andor got a battery powered impact wrench the other day... it not only provides enough power to jack up the truck in seconds... it also 'cracked' ... (lossened) the wheel studs/bolts.

2x 15hr shifts, 1000 start tomorrow.. and loving every second of it :D

on one of the tapes i listen to i found another 'mantra' ? i am trying to realise to boost my self...

'motivation comes and goes, if you're driven NOTHING can stop you!'

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA

Yep- sounds like a moveable yard sale! :)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Hubby is spending the next 5 days at a photography convention, so the 3 cats, 2 turtle/tort and I are on our own.
Hubby hates mushrooms, so I never cook them, EXCEPT when he's gone!
I already bought 2 night big portobellos, and just have to decide what to stuff in them!!! ;)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Hubby is spending the next 5 days at a photography convention, so the 3 cats, 2 turtle/tort and I are on our own.
Hubby hates mushrooms, so I never cook them, EXCEPT when he's gone!
I already bought 2 night big portobellos, and just have to decide what to stuff in them!!! ;)

allo' mrs B !!! :D