images

everyone at Cold Dark Room!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hello
I'm here in Georgia
The meeting with the nursing home staff, owner, my mother and myself went very well and mom's health has continued to improve.
Her mental state is a little off, however, but a good meeting
I successfully placed her cats with a no kill shelter and spent the day giving away, selling and boxing the good and throwing away the bad.
I drove to the dump four times with a full load.
I hired a neighbor to help me with some of it.
Mom kept boxes and boxes of CRAP.
Out of maybe 30 heaping file boxes, I found about half a box of papers that may still be inportant. (And maybe not.)
At any rate, mom is safe and we'll treated and I can save about $1,200 a month now that I don't have to keep the house going. I have been for 6 months.
Mom is now an official long term nursing home resident. With a private room. She seems happy and well treated .
Eventually, I'll get her down closer to me...but at least this transition is over.
Now we can both breathe. And maybe actually sleep.
As I type this I'm laying on the bare wooden floor that was her living room. Just me and the cat fur balls.
Things are looking up.

Attachments

• 20160526_201024-1.jpg
    20160526_201024-1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Hello
I'm here in Georgia
The meeting with the nursing home staff, owner, my mother and myself went very well and mom's health has continued to improve.
Her mental state is a little off, however, but a good meeting
I successfully placed her cats with a no kill shelter and spent the day giving away, selling and boxing the good and throwing away the bad.
I drove to the dump four times with a full load.
I hired a neighbor to help me with some of it.
Mom kept boxes and boxes of CRAP.
Out of maybe 30 heaping file boxes, I found about half a box of papers that may still be inportant. (And maybe not.)
At any rate, mom is safe and we'll treated and I can save about $1,200 a month now that I don't have to keep the house going. I have been for 6 months.
Mom is now an official long term nursing home resident. With a private room. She seems happy and well treated .
Eventually, I'll get her down closer to me...but at least this transition is over.
Now we can both breathe. And maybe actually sleep.
As I type this I'm laying on the bare wooden floor that was her living room. Just me and the cat fur balls.
Things are looking up.

cant have been an easy thing to do:(. it does sound like your mom is in the best of hands and being well looked after. as you say, step one is complete, it's always the hardest step to take. love and best wishes ed, you and your mom are in our thoughts

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
good morning mum :) how did the conference go?? plans for the weekend?
The conference is next Thursday- the organising is driving me up the wall. It's not helping that the three of us organising are in Edinburgh, Lancashire and Kent while the conference is in Leicester :D

The last couple of days I have been to Hertfordshire with my son to collect the keys for his flat and to measure up for curtains and work out what else he needs. We have also been shopping for stuff. I will be moving him in next Wednesday on my way to Leicester - thank heavens for a Volvo.

I am also a school governor and had two big meetings back-to-back last night that required a lot of preparation.

Today should just be about the conference - trying to nail down who exactly needs passes!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Adam? If you come across this, could you pm the answer to me? I need some rather expert advice. I have a couple Romanian cave bear canine teeth. One is beautiful with now real flaws on it. One is developing some serious cracks in the enamel area. I don't want to have this continue and I would like to stop it in its tracks. Any ideas from you that a might try? Let me know, thanks.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
The conference is next Thursday- the organising is driving me up the wall. It's not helping that the three of us organising are in Edinburgh, Lancashire and Kent while the conference is in Leicester :D

The last couple of days I have been to Hertfordshire with my son to collect the keys for his flat and to measure up for curtains and work out what else he needs. We have also been shopping for stuff. I will be moving him in next Wednesday on my way to Leicester - thank heavens for a Volvo.

I am also a school governor and had two big meetings back-to-back last night that required a lot of preparation.

Today should just be about the conference - trying to nail down who exactly needs passes!

jaw on floor!! busy woman, you should have a cape! I'd change your name to super mum! hope you have a 'me day' planned.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Adam? If you come across this, could you pm the answer to me? I need some rather expert advice. I have a couple Romanian cave bear canine teeth. One is beautiful with now real flaws on it. One is developing some serious cracks in the enamel area. I don't want to have this continue and I would like to stop it in its tracks. Any ideas from you that a might try? Let me know, thanks.

howdy cowboy! hope you're doing well, have you tried to email adam?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
jaw on floor!! busy woman, you should have a cape! I'd change your name to super mum! hope you have a 'me day' planned.
Me day on Sunday. We are going to watch England v Wales rugby (union) at Twickenham. :)

My mum is Welsh and I was brought up supporting Wales. I'm really looking forward to it.

Rugby crowds are great. Fans aren't segregated, everyone is there to enjoy the match. :)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Me day on Sunday. We are going to watch England v Wales rugby (union) at Twickenham. :)

My mum is Welsh and I was brought up supporting Wales. I'm really looking forward to it.

Rugby crowds are great. Fans aren't segregated, everyone is there to enjoy the match. :)

someone is playing against england???

MON THE OTHER TEAM!!!!

...its my patriotic duty;)

sounds like a great atmosphere, you'll have a fantastic time im sure:)