CDT and Sulcata??

New Desert Tortoise Mommy

5 Year Member
What are your guys opinions on keeping a Sulcata Tortoise and Desert Tortoises ? I know to seperate males and females. But just curious on everything about this? Because im planning on getting a Sulcata and i already have 3 Desert Torts. BTW Animals are not a hobby to me they are family :)

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California, bay area
the sulcata should never come in contact with the CDT's. the exchange of diseases between the 2 species could kill all of them. 2 different species of tortoises should never be housed together or have contact with each other.

New Desert Tortoise Mommy

5 Year Member
the sulcata should never come in contact with the CDT's. the exchange of diseases between the 2 species could kill all of them. 2 different species of tortoises should never be housed together or have contact with each other.

Totally makes since. Well my other plan is to have a whole different section for the sulcata tortoise to roam and since my CDT wont grow as fast they will have there own area. Thank you :) When the time comes for getting a Sulcata i will come here and ask everyone on information about that