Can't we just all hang out :)

Holly'sMom

I just want to run with the big dogs (or cats I mean)! Hey where you going!! I swear I'm cool! Look at my cat pose! (Poor Belle chases the cats constantly but they're terrified of her..)

IMG_2738.JPG IMG_2734.JPG IMG_2735.JPG IMG_2737.JPG IMG_2736.JPG

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cute cats and tort. Just incase you didn't know, I'm going to tell you. Cats can harm tortoises just like dogs can and so can letting your tort roam the floor, and if your in a colder area, the floor is too cold. Just a friendly FYI.
Otherwise cute pics

Holly'sMom

Cute cats and tort. Just incase you didn't know, I'm going to tell you. Cats can harm tortoises just like dogs can and so can letting your tort roam the floor, and if your in a colder area, the floor is too cold. Just a friendly FYI.
Otherwise cute pics
Haha no this was all supervised ;) she tends to chase them like she wants to be a part of the 3 some(2 cats/chihuahua) and they always run downstairs to get away from her lol my daughter was taking these pics for her Facebook while I was getting the water hot for a soak. We also have a dog, parrot and all are put into their designated corner of the house when any of the tortoises are out roaming. the torts are always watched too. id be afraid we could lose one somewhere in the house if we turned away for a second! We also have to put the 3 some out of part of the house when our parrot is out and no ones in the rooms upstairs. She's an Eclectus so she's not a completely tiny parrot but she tries to bully the others and we're scared she'll be hurt or hurt them(since she could easily crack a walnut she's never outside her cage around the baby torts). I do appreciate the thought but nope these were purposely taken under parent supervision just for fun. If I thought for a second either cat would attack they wouldn't have been taken But since they're more worried about getting away than playing with her it was allowed this time:) now the dog.. that would have been a different story! He's tiny but he thinks everyone wants to play ruff with him and I'm not completely comfortable with him as close to the torts even long enough to snap a few pics! anyways I appreciate it but nope no tortoises are running loose w cats dog parrot and other possible threats.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Haha no this was all supervised ;) she tends to chase them like she wants to be a part of the 3 some(2 cats/chihuahua) and they always run downstairs to get away from her lol my daughter was taking these pics for her Facebook while I was getting the water hot for a soak. We also have a dog, parrot and all are put into their designated corner of the house when any of the tortoises are out roaming. the torts are always watched too. id be afraid we could lose one somewhere in the house if we turned away for a second! We also have to put the 3 some out of part of the house when our parrot is out and no ones in the rooms upstairs. She's an Eclectus so she's not a completely tiny parrot but she tries to bully the others and we're scared she'll be hurt or hurt them(since she could easily crack a walnut she's never outside her cage around the baby torts). I do appreciate the thought but nope these were purposely taken under parent supervision just for fun. If I thought for a second either cat would attack they wouldn't have been taken But since they're more worried about getting away than playing with her it was allowed this time:) now the dog.. that would have been a different story! He's tiny but he thinks everyone wants to play ruff with him and I'm not completely comfortable with him as close to the torts even long enough to snap a few pics! anyways I appreciate it but nope no tortoises are running loose w cats dog parrot and other possible threats.
Quite often feral cats come into our yard to have their kittens since we are one of the few yards that doesn't currently have a dog. Charlie keeps tabs on them and gets very close. I used to think he was curious. Now I think he was trying to intimidate them into leaving his territory. Too bad it doesn't work!

Holly'sMom

Quite often feral cats come into our yard to have their kittens since we are one of the few yards that doesn't currently have a dog. Charlie keeps tabs on them and gets very close. I used to think he was curious. Now I think he was trying to intimidate them into leaving his territory. Too bad it doesn't work!
That could very well be what's going on here too and the cats are intimidated lol :)