can i feed my tortoise egg shells?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
I also couldn't find the thermometer my mom and dad use when I'm sick so that's the best estimate I can give
Make sure it doesn't get too hot with the lid on,. I should have asked where you lived before saying anything else. 75/90f in your house, jeez, how do you breath man.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
He probably does not need a basking spot at all if he can be in an outdoor enclosure during the day and get natural sunlight, along with a shade spot where he can escape from the heat when he wants to cool off.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
He probably does not need a basking spot at all if he can be in an outdoor enclosure during the day and get natural sunlight, along with a shade spot where he can escape from the heat when he wants to cool off.
I agree, that's why I tagged zeropilot, he's from Florida and uses no artificial heat at all I believe.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Don't just rush and try to get him outside unless you are sure he is safe from too much sun, dogs, cats, and whatever else may be able to get at him.
I don't use any artificial heat either seeing as I live in Jamaica, in the Caribbean. That's like Florida - South Florida.

frank rose

palm beach gardens florida
Don't just rush and try to get him outside unless you are sure he is safe from too much sun, dogs, cats, and whatever else may be able to get at him.
I don't use any artificial heat either seeing as I live in Jamaica, in the Caribbean. That's like Florida - South Florida.

I'm not in a rush I want to get him out of the house when he is like 6 inches or 15.24 cm long that's when I will send him out but until then hes safe in my house

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
anyfoot what would be the next tank size I should get when my tortoise gets to big for the one its in now?
Where you live I would concentrate on building a safe outdoor area for the little guy for when he's bigger.
Let's wait and see what zeropilot says. Your climate is very different to mine so there are different pitfalls to overcome, for example there is just no way I would every have to deal with weather being too hot or floods because of tropical downpours, I rely on indoor heat and artificial UVB for long periods of the year, far more than you guys will have to.