Can anyone tell me what type of tortoise this is?

Michellegallon

Hi we were told it was a leopard tortoise but I am.not sure. We also have a horsefield . We got them both at the same time.

20170220_134243.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Michellegallon

Hi i am at work just now but can get one later. I will post it when I am home. The only pics I have now are these

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170220-135448.png
    Screenshot_20170220-135448.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20170220-135439.png
    Screenshot_20170220-135439.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 29

Michellegallon

Do you have any other picture of yous I can show my daughter. She was told it was a leopard when we were given it , but I have been doing research and wasn't convinced but it does look like yours from your profile pic

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Hi Michelle and welcome

Just to clarify... are you keeping these two separately?

Species should not be mixed. In any case, torts are loners that see another tort as a rival for territory and food. Bullying is common, regardless of gender. The subordinate tort becomes withdrawn, stops eating and can become very sick indeed.

These two should be kept apart, not even "meeting for play dates"

Apologies if you already know this :)

Michellegallon

Hi i got both them together and they have always lived in same enclosure from before we got them and since we had them. They both do eat and both very friendly and active. Do you think I should still separate them?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

Michellegallon

Thanks. I will read this. I have had them for over a year and no problems so far but will look into getting a second enclosure.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Michelle, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum. :)
I think it's an eastern Hermann's Testudo hermanni boettgeri.
Bullying is often subtle, 'cuddling', sleeping together, 'sharing' food are symptoms of psychological bullying and dominance.
Sorry, but they need to be separated before psychological or physical harm occur.

Michellegallon

I am now doubting everything that I was told from the previous owner of my 2 tortoise. He did say they were both female. Can someone tell.me from the above picture if it looks female? I can get a pic of my horsefield up too

Michellegallon

Thank you. I have had them both for 13 months living with us. And I belive we got them when they were just under a year so I am assuming they are around 2 years give or take a few months