Can anyone tell me what type of tortoise this is?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
The problem is that they're on the cusp. And they really do all look female to start. Either or both could turn out to be male in the longer run.

If they have female names and turn out not to be then they'll join the select group of TFO torts with names that have stuck. eg Lola is a hulking male Leopard Tort in Wales and Jacques is a female mud turtle in Louisiana.

They're loved hugely for their personalities... the gender is irrelevant.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
The problem is that they're on the cusp. And they really do all look female to start. Either or both could turn out to be male in the longer run.

If they have female names and turn out not to be then they'll join the select group of TFO torts with names that have stuck. eg Lola is a hulking male Leopard Tort in Wales and Jacques is a female mud turtle in Louisiana.

They're loved hugely for their personalities... the gender is irrelevant.
I have a box turtle I thought was female that turned out male. I just added Mr. to the name. Pebbles became Mr. Pebbles.

Michellegallon

From the picture both do look female however they are young so I will keep checking the older they get. Thanks

Justin90

Texas
Do you have any other picture of yous I can show my daughter. She was told it was a leopard when we were given it , but I have been doing research and wasn't convinced but it does look like yours from your profile pic

IMG_2710.JPG IMG_2712.PNG IMG_2811.JPG IMG_2828.JPG

Michellegallon

Yeah someone told me this yesterday. I have never had any trouble with them the whole time I have had them but been looking to purchase a new enclosure to get them separated.