Box turtle with paint on shell. Need some suggestions and opinions

Macwilburn13

So I am turtle sitting a co-workers Easter box turtle she has had for about 5 years. His shell has red and white paint on it and she said it used to be bad but has slowllllllly come off but still has a lot. She does not soak him and has never tried to get the paint off in fear that as she rubbed it off or used something that the chemicals in the paint or solvent would hurt him.

My question. Can I soak him with the paint on his shell or could this harm him?

What have you used for paint on a shell that has not harmed the tortoise? I wouldn't try myself but I'd give her the info.

Any other info, once I get him I'll take pictures.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes you can soak him. He should have water available 24/7 that he can submerg himself into.
Would be nice if you could convince your friend to join the forum and get some correct info on how to properly care for the turtle. I have a feeling it's not.

Macwilburn13

She said she had gone to our local aquarium and asked but that was like 5 years ago, and I know so much has changed. Ill tell her to join I know she will, she's very over the top when it comes to everything so it's not a lack of want to give them the best life ha