Attitude

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
It's not my story to tell, but since he spent some time with a line drawn through his name that anyone could have noticed, and now his name is showing up, and he's able to post, that means he WAS temporarily banned, but is not banned now. I understand how Evan feels, even though I don't agree with his thought on the original post in this thread. I would never let someone else chase me away from something I enjoyed doing, if it were possible to stay. So, yes, Bea, Evan is CHOOSING to withdraw, but hopefully when he reads all the favorable posts here he'll change his mind.
Thanks for clearing that up, Yvonne!:)

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
For those who follow my posts, pics, replies to current topics, they will no longer continue. I have been banned from the site due to my poor attitude. The Zen Master who runs the TFO sees no value in my opinions regarding outdated information on the site and recommendations to improve advice based on the location of the poster. That being said, if you need to ask a question that I may or may not be able to answer, send it in the form of a P.M.
I wish you wouldn't stop posting. I have learned so much from you about coccidia and many other things! Your input here is priceless, so please stick around. I don't know anything about the "politics of this forum", nevertheless we all know that where there meet many personalities, there is high likelihood of people rubbing each other wrong way. Us, professionals however need to learn the skills of rising above that petty stuff and plough through towards attaining common goals, which for us is raising public awareness in order to improve the wellbeing of our tortoises. Once we teach someone well, they will go on teaching others... and before you know it will spread like wildfire over time. It's a grassroots work but it DOES WORK! And we need you here!

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Harlingen, TX
As a vet tech, I have seen firsthand the frustration of veterinarians who are not able to get through to clients, so I can sort of relate to how you are feeling. I would encourage you to continue posting as there are so many people who are on your side here and your wealth of knowledge is incredibly valuable. How many vets are there that actually know this much about chelonians? You are an amazing asset to the forum!

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
Evan, you helped me out when I had a sick box turtle. Based on what I had read on the forum, I thought I knew what was happening and what I needed to do, but your substantiation gave me confidence to move forward with a plan, and today I have a happy, healthy turtle. I think it's important for other current and future members to have access to your knowledge and experience. Please reconsider and keep sharing.

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Man... you should stay. You know we need you, you know the turtles and the tortoises need you. Should i just drag you out so that you can start to type stuff again?
I can remember you help me at least twice. Your knowledge is so valuable.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Evan, if you are still reading these at all, I have to add something that again surfaced for me today...

I go between a few forums trying to "spread the word" on care. So much of the info out there on even the most specialized of forums is quite out of date, and the "experts" there seem stuck.

The thing most obvious to me is that here, we continue to push. We do not settle for the way it's been done. We are not afraid to debate, discuss, and maybe argue at times to be sure we are pushing forward advice and techniques that work, not old, outdated myths. Myths from old books by the experts who wrote them. Myths from veterinarians, myths from breeders or pet shops where they bought their tortoises...

The very nature of what I find one of the most admirable qualities of this forum is by nature contentious.

An exercise without resistance builds no strength.

Help us continue to get stronger!

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Evan, if you are still reading these at all, I have to add something that again surfaced for me today...

I go between a few forums trying to "spread the word" on care. So much of the info out there on even the most specialized of forums is quite out of date, and the "experts" there seem stuck.

The thing most obvious to me is that here, we continue to push. We do not settle for the way it's been done. We are not afraid to debate, discuss, and maybe argue at times to be sure we are pushing forward advice and techniques that work, not old, outdated myths. Myths from old books by the experts who wrote them. Myths from veterinarians, myths from breeders or pet shops where they bought their tortoises...

The very nature of what I find one of the most admirable qualities of this forum is by nature contentious.

An exercise without resistance builds no strength.

Help us continue to get stronger!
Well said!!!

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
omg, i had no idea this can happen, sorry to hear this, i thought we lived in a free country with a freedom of speech, i am sorry, i did not read all the posts... sad...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Shaif

Pittsburgh, PA
Please continue. You are such a valued member and your thoughts are appreciated by so many of us. You have helped me numerous times. I hope you read each of these messages and take to heart how much you are cherished here.