Anyone know about Komodo Dragon Food?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
...a little cream and sugar, and it tastes about like Grape Nuts!!

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Thanks, John! that's just what I was looking for.

This led me to Amazon's UK site. And it looks like there are four flavors - Salad Mix (as shown above), Fruit and Flower flavored, Dandelion and Cucumber.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Komodo-Complete-Tortoise-Fruit-Flower/dp/B0029WQRMC

I tried to find a list of ingredients, but was not successful. However, there are many experienced tortoise keepers on the Shelled Warriors Forum, and they say they use this as a supplement to a green, natural diet.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1447177680.548986.jpg

kirsty Johnston

5 Year Member
Scotland
Product Description
Komodo Complete Holistic Tortoise Diet has been researched and formulated to be a nutritionally complete food for European and Russian Tortoises. A superior taste with natural flavours, high in fibre, low protein, and a calcium to phosphorus ratio of 3:5:1. Extensive trials and testing have found the variety of tastes that tortoises love. Tortoises will require good UVB lighting or additional oral supplementation of vitamin D3 to enable their bodies to make use of the calcium in their diet.

Analysis: Crude Protein 9%, Oil 5%, Fibre 12.5%, Ash 7%, Vitamin A 11250iu/kg, Vitamin D3 1688iu/kg, Vitamin E 92iu/kg, Vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12, Niacin, Calcium, Phosphorus, Copper, Omega 6, Omega 3.

Ingredients
Oats,Beet Pulp,Maize Gluten,Maize,Calcium Carbonate,Dicalcium Phosphate,Lucern,Minerals,Vitamins,Glucosamine,Chondroiton,MSM,Titanium Dioxide. EU Permitted Colourants and Flavours

Sheldon.B

5 Year Member
Ireland
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Yes, I do. There's nothing harmful in there, however, I wouldn't use it much other than a supplement occasionally. It's not nearly as diverse as the Zoo Med Tortoise Food or Mazuri.

Hi just wondering if you're head of another food that you make into a gel, copied the ingredients.