1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Anatomy of the Tortoise

Discussion in 'General Tortoise Discussion' started by Marty333, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marty333

Marty333 New Member

Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
    Hey Everyone! Today I got my late Christmas present in the mail. It is a book by J.Stuart Thomson called Anatomy of the Tortoise. I am more of a book person rather than search the internet kind of person. Does anyone have this book? I am really excited to start reading it. I will give you guys an update tomorrow on how I think it is!!!
    [​IMG]
  2. Lady Serpent

Lady Serpent New Member

(These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    I remember how I LOVED to read, now I have NO time to read! Kids running around with their hands waving above their heads screaming! There's NO WAY I can concentrate! LOL Have fun reading the book!
  3. Madkins007

Madkins007 Active Member Staff Member

It is a good book, although it is older and not heavily illustrated (some drawings with numbers all around them.) You'll probably find it a bit dry to just plow through, but I use it as a reference all the time.
  4. Marty333

Marty333 New Member

Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
    Its interesting but I have to read the lines a few times to get it through my thick skull :p Definitely not planning on plowing through it :D