1. Hello guest! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and have a great time chatting with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Anatomy of the Tortoise

Discussion in 'General Tortoise Discussion' started by Marty333, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marty333

Marty333 New Member

Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
    Hey Everyone! Today I got my late Christmas present in the mail. It is a book by J.Stuart Thomson called Anatomy of the Tortoise. I am more of a book person rather than search the internet kind of person. Does anyone have this book? I am really excited to start reading it. I will give you guys an update tomorrow on how I think it is!!!
    [​IMG]
  2. Lady Serpent

Lady Serpent New Member

I remember how I LOVED to read, now I have NO time to read! Kids running around with their hands waving above their heads screaming! There's NO WAY I can concentrate! LOL Have fun reading the book!
  3. Madkins007

Madkins007 Active Member Staff Member

It is a good book, although it is older and not heavily illustrated (some drawings with numbers all around them.) You'll probably find it a bit dry to just plow through, but I use it as a reference all the time.
  4. Marty333

Marty333 New Member

Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
    Its interesting but I have to read the lines a few times to get it through my thick skull :p Definitely not planning on plowing through it :D