Amateur tortoise!

helen1980

Location (City and/or State)
Greece - crete
Goos evening and im glad that im here! Because im a rookie on this I would like know about my tortoise! I was cleaning his shell with a toothbrush but i gave more pressure and the toothbrush was hard! I hurted him a little bit and i saw a little bit blood! I cleaned his wound with bedandine and i used antibiotic cream for one week in case of any infection! I don't see any blood or any pink line! One month has passed and its stays like this! Should i do something more? Am i going to have problem? Thank you 😊

Attachments

• received_1190252329047164.jpeg
    received_1190252329047164.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 2

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Leave it alone. Tortoise do not heal fast. They do everything slow. It looks fine.
Now, be sure to only use a soft tooth brush and be very careful on the lines between the scutes. Those areas, specially if they are new growth lines are soft and sensitive.

helen1980

Greece - crete
Leave it alone. Tortoise do not heal fast. They do everything slow. It looks fine.
Now, be sure to only use a soft tooth brush and be very careful on the lines between the scutes. Those areas, specially if they are new growth lines are soft and sensitive.
I didn't know it was so sensitive! To be honest the toothbrush was hard! Like toothpick! Thank you! I hope not to get worse!

helen1980

Greece - crete
Very curious, what kind of tooth brush did you use? Looks like it’s healing well
It was a little bit strong and i gave more pressure! I rubbed the toothbrush in my finger and it was like to stin
Very curious, what kind of tooth brush did you use? Looks like it’s healing well
I rubbed the toothbrush on my finger and it was like to sting you a toothpick! My mistake! I gave more pressure

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Hello, Soft toothbrush is the best for shell and claws. You have new growth on your tortoise so be gentle. After a shallow warm soak apply some coconut oil on the shell to help moisturise.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Not sure what is in Horse hoof cream, ... just looked it up (honey,butter and beeswax).
Coconut oil is not expensive. I would recommend to get the correct oil it last a while. I put some on tissue and wipe on the top shell avoiding eye / head area.