Aldabra

GingerLove

5 Year Member
It was a beautiful day in Florida today, so I went to Gatorland and visited the tortoises for two hours. Yes, two hours. I had a blast and thought some of you might be interested in seeing the photos. They had a sulcata, an aldabra, two redfoots, and a Galapagos tortoise. Beautiful creatures! gterland1 084.JPG gterland1 089.JPG gterland1 088.JPG gterland1 087.JPG gterland1 079.JPG gterland1 056.JPG

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nice. The Aldabra sleeping is so cute. I kinda feel bad for the RF that has no way out with the other one blocking the way.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
I LOVED the Aldabra!! He was so cute. He even snored. He was also the most friendly of all of them. And yeah, that's true about the RF's! Fortunately they had just been fed, so I'm sure that little guy would make his way out. It was weird, they had a parrot living over them on a branch.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
They actually found the Sulcata on the road! They've rescued it and have had it for as long as I can remember. :)

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Nice! Two hours is about right for me to sit and watch the torts go about their day. I haven't been to Gatorland yet, but I never pass up torts at any zoo. Hubby is usually scooting me along when it's time to go home. :rolleyes: