Albino Rad.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Where is the late great reptile man hiding to day Mr.rip off him self . I haven't heard that name since his business partner shot him self . Tom sold known dead animals on line just to make a buck . He gave the hole reptile trade a big black eye . And what did Mr. Reptile man do when he got caught he ran . I hope this guy never returns in full back in the reptile trade . I would not buy a flea from him. Just the name makes me want to break my phone .

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pensacola, FL
He's on Facebook and right now he is more into selling venomous snakes. But nothing on the scale he was at before thank god.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I can't believe someone would buy any thing from him. That guy shouldn't be around a reptile or even a dog in my opinion. Once a smuggler always a smuggler. I know I am bad mouthing him but back in 95/98 sometime in that area I bought a snake and a blue iguana from him both were dead . I was not the only one this happened too. And yes they where dead for a longer time than the over night shipping maggots don't work that fast . This is a person that don't care about nothing but money and more money.

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
mike taylor said:
I can't believe someone would buy any thing from him. That guy shouldn't be around a reptile or even a dog in my opinion. Once a smuggler always a smuggler. I know I am bad mouthing him but back in 95/98 sometime in that area I bought a snake and a blue iguana from him both were dead . I was not the only one this happened too. And yes they where dead for a longer time than the over night shipping maggots don't work that fast . This is a person that don't care about nothing but money and more money.

That would **** me off. I'd ship em back sealed up nice and tight in a bag and not overnight either...i'd choose the longest and cheapest shipping method possible to ensure the package had time to cook a little.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
jtrux said:
mike taylor said:

That would **** me off. I'd ship em back sealed up nice and tight in a bag and not overnight either...i'd choose the longest and cheapest shipping method possible to ensure the package had time to cook a little.

amen to that!!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Not to jump off the Org. Post *rad-radi* but maybe ease the tension and some cool triva......
Actually the adult blow fly (common house fly ) usually will attended to a dead body within 10mins of death . From there they will use the decaying body to lay over 300 eggs and provide food for themselves and their newborns .
*MAGGOTS * will hatch in less 24 hours. (temp depending )
They go through 3 stages of *instars* ( or more commonly known as molts) before turning into an adult fly all within a 48hour time period.

Gosh I hate flys ! v^v^v^:cool:

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
There's a somewhat controversial book called Stolen World written by Jennie Erin Smith that recounts the earlier days of the herp industry and the questionable exploits of Tom Crutchfield and another smuggler, Hank Molt. Everyone who keeps reptiles should have a go at it.

He has reformed somewhat since his incarceration, which is more than I can say for many others. Be that as it may, a lot of the herps we have available now (bearded dragons, for one) would not be here today had it not been for men like these.

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida
If I remember correctly there was a know animal in Asia to be "albino" that photo looks like an old camera phone photo and would explain the poor quality.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
The background looks funny to me. About 25 years before Tom Cs Figi Island iguana "Thing" happened, There was another one involving Figi Island iguanas that didn't go very well for the ones that bought them from the smuggler, They did a pre trial plea of gulity and should have waited for a trial, in my opinion. I dealt with these 2 for quite awhile, they were as honest as the day is long, I also dealt with the American smuggler but only to sell him some of what I was importing (legally) because of his reputation way back then in the early 70s. I am not going to mention their names because of respect for them, the American smugglers name has already been mentioned in this thread. I personally had a run in with DNR in 1973 it involved alligators crossing state lines, as far as I was concerned it was a setup by the state of Maryland, I pled not guilty and ask for a jury trial, In time all charges were dropped against me. but after that experience I was more cautious when dealing with people I wasn't sure of because of all the different and new laws that were being written and I never knew about them. You have to remember this all happened before the internet, things were done differently back then and there were fewer people dealing in reptiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.