A 16 scute iberia greek tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
mesa, AZ
I just got a iberia greek tortoise with 16 scutes instead of 13 he looks so cute he's only a couple of months old. I named him even steven.
ezimba17773897687600.jpg

mesa, AZ
This is his tank. He's in the cave right now lol :p

Attachments

• Even stevens tank.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very cute tort. Now for the tank. Not so,cute. Get rid of the heat rock, bad can burn tort. Get a clay saucer, the kind that goes under flower pots and put water in it. They need water 24/7. Remove the screen top, it blocks too much uvb and the red light, replace with a CHE (ceramic heat emitter). Red can sometimes confuse tort to eating what looks red. Add some plants and some humidity. Cover the top to help hold in the humidity. Look under the species section and there should be some stickies in the beginning and read them. Proper care and housing will keep him looking great. Also, soak every day in warm water for 20/30 minutes.

mesa, AZ
Very cute tort. Now for the tank. Not so,cute. Get rid of the heat rock, bad can burn tort. Get a clay saucer, the kind that goes under flower pots and put water in it. They need water 24/7. Remove the screen top, it blocks too much uvb and the red light, replace with a CHE (ceramic heat emitter). Red can sometimes confuse tort to eating what looks red. Add some plants and some humidity. Cover the top to help hold in the humidity. Look under the species section and there should be some stickies in the beginning and read them. Proper care and housing will keep him looking great. Also, soak every day in warm water for 20/30 minutes.
the rock isn't heated and i just got him home yesterday so this setup is just a temp setup

Last edited:
mesa, AZ
I just got a ceramic heat emitter it will get here on sunday i got the red light from a friend to keep him warm until i get the CHE. the red light is too bright for my room lol.