Hi I'm new to the tortoise world

Location (City and/or State)
mesa, AZ
Hi I got my first tort on august 14, 2015 he's a 2 month old Iberia Greek Tortoise with 16 scutes instead of 13. I named him Even Steven. I live in a apartment in Mesa Arizona

here's a photo of him. :<3:
even steven.jpg
and here's his tank setup so fore. PS. he's behind the cave lol
steven's tank 2.jpg
I hope to learn as much as I can about tortoises as possible :D

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
Welcome to the forum
http://www.gardenstatetortoise.com/#!greek-tortoise/c1x18 Here is a good link to information on Greeks care to kick start the learning process
Also I would recommend you switch out your glass tank for a closed chamber either a plastic tote of the same size or a wooden one

Last edited:
mesa, AZ
Welcome to the forum
http://www.gardenstatetortoise.com/#!greek-tortoise/c1x18 Here is a good link to information on Greeks care to kick start the learning process
Also I would recommend you switch out your glass tank for a closed chamber either a plastic tote of the same size or a wooden one
The tank is what I have for right now. I cant get anything else right this second so it will have to do for now.

TortLove13

Definitely put something around the bottom of the tank, so the tort can't see out. I glued reptile carpet on the outside (cut into strips to fit 3 sides) and applied a cling backdrop to cover the back. I also have my baby tort in a terrarium until a tortoise table is built.

mesa, AZ
I have a background on the back and partly up the sides that he cant see throw and he hasn't had any trouble in his tank. He don't try to clime out ether.

Last edited:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
The tank is what I have for right now. I cant get anything else right this second so it will have to do for now.
Maybe a portion of plexiglass to replace the area covered by towels in the photo? It will help keep up the humidity. (a lot)
Also about a sight barrier, some tortoises spend all day with their faces smashed against the glass walking back and forth trying to get out because they can see that life goes on outside of the aquarium. I've never encountered this, but a lot of folks do. To help, you could do something as simple as place a strip of wide masking tape across the bottom at eye level so that he can't see out.
You could still see in just fine.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
mesa, AZ
Maybe a portion of Plexiglas to replace the area covered by towels in the photo? It will help keep up the humidity. (a lot)
Also about a sight barrier, some tortoises spend all day with their faces smashed against the glass walking back and forth trying to get out because they can see that life goes on outside of the aquarium. I've never encountered this, but a lot of folks do. To help, you could do something as simple as place a strip of wide masking tape across the bottom at eye level so that he can't see out.
You could still see in just fine.
Like I said i this is what I have " so fore" sorry if i look like a bad tortoise owner to everyone. :(