ZooMed Greenhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenmoore, PA
Does anyone have any information about this ZooMed greenhouse that they mention on their website? It apparently is a 2800 square foot greenhouse that houses their turtle and tortoise breeding projects. I cant seem to find much other info on it. I would love to know more about it...where it is, what they are breeding, and I would LOVE to see more pictures. There is one picture on their website but thats it.

http://zoomed.com/cm/company-information/greenhouse.html

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
I looked all over for more information on this when I first saw that pic. and couldn't find anything.
That would be an ideal set up for sure.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I don't think it is ideal personally - yes, they are nice sized pens, but you can't slap a bunch of different species in one environment and truly study them. They would need a separate building for EACH species in order to properly mimic climate and have the right level of control.

Just a sales gimmick, IMHO.

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
For breeding the aquatics I work with it would be ideal (should have added that), and I to am starting to think it's just a gimmick.

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Yea this was kind of my question, is it even real? The picture they posted of inside the greenhouse looks to perfect to be a real facility, and if it is a real facility, where are the animals going, why is there no other information about it?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Have you actually tried contacting them in person and seeing if they can give you more details?

Snapper

5 Year Member
British Columbia
I was wondering about this too. I have always just seen the one picture of it, but have not found anything else. Sales gimick I'm thinking as well.

C

cocolove

I looked all over for more information on this when I first saw that pic. and couldn't find anything.
That would be an ideal set up for sure.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Gary of Zoo Med gave a long talk about the building of this greenhouse at the TTPG conference in Phoenix a few weeks ago. He showed many more photos and talked about some of the species in there. It's a nice setup, but didn't come cheap. I think from a functionality standpoint (if I were doing it), you could have built one two or three times the size, slightly less attractive, but more functional if you had the same budget. He spent a lot on making it "green" and it has a bunch of fancy systems in it. They are a "presentation is everything" company, and from that mindset, it's exactly what they wanted to build. It's basically right in front of their office building in the parking lot, so it had to look good. There were a few other members here that heard the talk also....

Status
Not open for further replies.