Y's Tortoise Sanctuary

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Canebrake Ca
Also save one of those desert tort pens for me. I have a neighbor with a desert tort who really needs a new home and she's very distrustful of rescues. Thinks he is better where he is, but his life is not... good. Its a good life for a cat, not a tortoise, but that's pretty much how she keeps him. I was thinking one day she might turn him over to me, but i"m coming more and more to the conclusion that my yard can't really be made good for a tortoise. I'm slowly chipping away at her, but I suspect one day she just will "need" to find a new home for him
Right On, we are here to help if and when you need.
We met a lady last year with a 10 yr old Desert Tort in a 40 gallon aquarium, and refused to say or admit it needed more. Some people need a lot more chipping away at. Keep it up.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Right On, we are here to help if and when you need.
We met a lady last year with a 10 yr old Desert Tort in a 40 gallon aquarium, and refused to say or admit it needed more. Some people need a lot more chipping away at. Keep it up.
This one is not quite that bad, but almost

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
its beautiful (tho I hate snow - I live in LA for a reason!)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We're having a cold snap too. Day before yesterday it was 80° or so then windy and cold yesterday and today! Yesterday afternoon it hailed for a few minutes.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I loved the snow tour of the desert. I love warm weather, and I love snow. Yeah, I know.

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
Well sounds like we may be getting our first "batch" of Desert Tortoises soon. A very good friend of ours met a gentleman whose wife works for the Desert Tortoise Preserve in California City, CA. They have a lot of DT's that people give them that CAN NOT be released into the preserve, Domestic. People hear of this "Preserve" and drop off their unwanted ones ... This is where Y's Tortoise Sanctuary will shine, providing "Homeless" torts a loving home.
Will keep everyone updated, pens will be starting as fast as we can get the 2x8's.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Yeah, you'll be full up in no time. That's how the numbers game works with rescue, especially of long lived species that 1/100 of the people take in can actually care for