WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston / Webster, TX
I just want to start off by saying thank you to everyone in this group and (Tom) for all the help y'all have given me. I am so thankful that I found this forum before some other Sulcata site. I was just searching the web and came across the Ojai Sulcata Project and WOW! If I would have found them first I would be doing everything wrong! Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking them and I am sure their knowledge far accedes mine. But! I have seen the pics of Tom's Sulcata tortoises. Therefor I will continue to do as Tom does. It just blows my mind that things can be so different and so many people fallowing the wrong advice. Darwin and myself say THANK YOU! :D

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Well, I'm so glad that you found this forum first too. That mea s that you will raise a healthy, happy tort!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Dave (Ojai Sulcata Project) is a friend. He's a good man and he and I have started, but never finished, the pyramiding discussion three different times. He was steadfastly against a lot of these new opinions at first, but each time we talk he seems more open minded about it than the last. He is beginning to see some sense in the things I recommend, and I've been taking in what he recommends and giving it a try too. Clearly I do things my way and explain why and how it works, but Dave also truly cares about sulcatas and has dedicated his life to them. He is worthy of great respect.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
TortyTom said:
There was no disrespect intended!!

Oh no, I didn't mean it that way... I was just giving you a little background on Dave and who he is. Sorry, I did not mean to imply anything at all.

I am very happy to have found this forum and its members too. I totally get the intent of your original post. And you're welcome. :D

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
What exactly are these differences? This topic's a little vague.

Zabbi0

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Tom the tort whisperer.

Tehee. I totally chuckled. He totally is. Tom you deserve your own show like Cesar Millan the dog whisperer and Jackson Galaxy the cat whisperer from My Cat From Hell. Haha. Everyone's advice on here is awesome but Tom you especially got tort care down to a science. Yvonne, Jackie, everyone's names I don't know, you all are great & very knowledgeable. :) Hell this whole forum deserves its own show to run for at least a season. We could get so much useful info out there to people in a season. If only right? I've been so excited about getting another tort & torts in general that I've been thinkin to extremes.. I wish I could build a exotic endangered animal exhibit like the one in Austin, TX so that I could own a lot of torts and make sure many are taken care of correctly. The center in Austin use to have a lot of sulcatas. It's just a more specific kind of a zoo. It's been on my mind a lot lately. I'm so good with booking events and working with community projects I wonder if its something I could put together in a few years. I'm halfway done with my business degree. Would have to employee a vet or two. Hm. Lots of planning would be required. Anyway. Done rambling. Just wanted to share thoughts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.