work in progress

Heather H

Location (City and/or State)
N.E. ohio
Are the two fixtures under your sprout shelf for something else? Those are the ones I was referring to.

I hang my fixtures from over head by the cord. I use rubber coated cup holder hooks and I zip tie the cord to them so they can't slip. We've had electricians on the site say not to hang them by the cord and instead hang them with light chain from the fixture. Full disclosure so you can't sue me if you hang them by the cord and something bad happens. I've been hanging mine by the cord for decades. Nothing bad has happened yet.
i removed them tom. had a night light and a grow light in them. they were the first ones i bought. they are in the garage now for when we need light out there. lol i think i can attach hooks to the shelf above the tank or can I cut a hole in the lid of the enclosure ( not made yet) and set the lights directly on top?

Heather H

N.E. ohio
i can't get the humidity up it goes from 15 % to 18%. the side of the enclosure is wet. I sealed the top and covered the light with foil. Im confused. the hydrometer is new but maybe its not working is there a way to test it. Thanks guys
tried to take a pic but its not the best. the right hand side is where the light is . 100 watt mvb . the plants are loving it. humidity.jpg

Heather H

N.E. ohio
i can't get the humidity up it goes from 15 % to 18%. the side of the enclosure is wet. I sealed the top and covered the light with foil. Im confused. the hydrometer is new but maybe its not working is there a way to test it. Thanks guys
tried to take a pic but its not the best. the right hand side is where the light is . 100 watt mvb . the plants are loving it. View attachment 117391
ok humidity is perfect. don't ask But i was dumb. lol

Heather H

N.E. ohio
Looks really good. :) Is ya son excited. My daughters say they want rabbits:(. I'll get my torts a fur coat. :D
he is very excited he thinks we just talk to the breeder and we get it the next day. I told him we have to wait until its warmer and safer to get Charlie :)

Iochroma

5 Year Member
San Francisco
Common garden hybrids are not particularly dangerous. They contain compounds of the saponin type that are thought to cause digestive upset. Not really a houseplant either.

Heather H

N.E. ohio
Common garden hybrids are not particularly dangerous. They contain compounds of the saponin type that are thought to cause digestive upset. Not really a houseplant either.
so are they ok or not for the enclosure? also for valentines day I am seeing a bunch of mini rose buses. Would these be safe? My husband wants to buy me flowers for valentines day but I told him to make sure they are tortoise safe lol. I dont do cut flowers.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA

Mark L

This is what I did....
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1423862759.296620.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1423862797.848702.jpg

My baby leopards are outside now, everything is off in the enclosure.
But with the CHE on and lil spritz of h2o and the humidity is in the 90's for a couple hours