Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I'm also curious. What's wrong with this? I'm doing it right now too. Last year they hatched on September 9th, so I'm on high alert rit now and running the sprinklers a bit extra for them too.

The answer to the question in the CL post is, "It depends entirely on temperatures."

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm guessing you think it is irresponsible to be hatching out sulcatas?

I sent this person a nice invitation to join the Forum. That baby looks mighty dry.

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Mesa
Nah, its the fact that he is doing it without educating himself, first.

Then again, maybe he took in one that keeps laying? Guess I shouldn't judge. But, of all places to gather advice... did he have to choose Craigslist? I think the lack of knowledge prior and then going to Craigslist for breeding advice is what bothers me.

I don't mind responsible breeding.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
But think of it this way, by him postng on Craig's list look at what he has been offered (TFO). The main thing is he was asking for help.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
ShellyTurtleTort said:
Nah, its the fact that he is doing it without educating himself, first.

I'm not arguing here. I just want to understand your POV.

While I agree that CL might not be the best place to get advice, I'm failing to see what in that CL post makes you think he/she is not educated. The OP stated the correct captive artificial incubation times that he/she had read somewhere, but was on top of things enough to realize that the info is not correct for in-ground incubation.

It upset you enough to make this thread, but I'm still not seeing the problem from what was stated in the ad.

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Mesa
From my perspective, he has no idea what he is doing. That is what bothers me. And, anyone going to Craigslist for advice on already bred animals just rubs me wrong.

I'm a bit judgmental (Yes, very!) because I see the unfortunate side of uneducated/irresponsible breeders more than often.

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Mesa
Haha. Thanks, sometimes that is best.

As a previous poster stated, at least he asked for help & now he's been directed to this amazing place.

Status
Not open for further replies.