Whose hatching what this summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
I have talked it over with Reid, and he said that if I get another tortoise, I will just have to start paying for 100% of the spring mix. Right now its about 60-40 because we share Nigel.

Well, I am a'ok with that! :p

Soooooo I am just trying to get my ducks all in a row here. Plus I think this might be beneficial to others who may be looking to get another family member this summer!

So whose breeding what this year, species wise, and when will kids be available? :D

I'm thinking another Greek, or possibly a Red foot, Pancake or Egyptian for me this summer. (but again, you never know where the tortoise forum for sale section will take you!)

There is no need to discuss prices or anything like that. I am not doing this to start a debate, or an argument among breeders. Just purely for the info.

If older animals are going up for sale this summer as well, feel free to include their info!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've got sulcata babies coming! How about a half dozen for you and Reid? Should I pencil you in? I you give him three, you could split the cost of a bale of bermuda grass hay in a few years.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I do want a sully someday! I plan to move somewhere warm! WI sucks for outdoor pets. :p I'm sure I'll still be around here, so you just stick around too, and we'll have a deal! No more "big" pets while I don't have a yard heh.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Meg90 said:
I do want a sully someday! I plan to move somewhere warm! WI sucks for outdoor pets. :p I'm sure I'll still be around here, so you just stick around too, and we'll have a deal! No more "big" pets while I don't have a yard heh.

Ummm... KIDDING!

CGKeith

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arizona
I have some Ibera eggs in the incubator, should be hatching the end of May and then on I'll have a good number of them.

Should also have more Golden (possible Antakyan cross) babies later this year as well. ( I have one hold back from late last year that I might sell )

Also hoping for some Jordanian eggs this year. :)

tortoiseguy65

5 Year Member
Illinois
I "should" have more Cherry Heads, Northern Redfoots, and possibly Elongateds and Golden Greeks for tortoises. Eastern and 3 toed Box turtles as well. If I am really lucky maybe I will have some Speck's hingeback tortoises. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have both Bells and Homes hingeback eggs in the incubator. Expect some Russians and just maybe a Redfoot or Greek clutch this year.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
I'm hoping to get my first clutch from my group of NA Woods this year. I'm so excited. This is the year!

As far as adults go I'm letting go of 3 Redfoots I've been fostering for the last year and a half. It will be nice knowing they're going to good homes after bringing them back from the brink of death.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I probably won't have eggs until around August, but maybe I will get lucky and have some Home's babies this year. My Russians aren't big enough yet.

Jacqui said:
I have both Bells and Homes hingeback eggs in the incubator. Expect some Russians and just maybe a Redfoot or Greek clutch this year.

If you do not IMMEDIATELY post pictures of those Hingeback babies, you are in BIG trouble.... :D

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Oo Meg I'm so jealous! I really want an Egyptian tortoise. I plan on getting a few in the next year or two. And of course some more Russians!

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
CGKeith said:
I have some Ibera eggs in the incubator, should be hatching the end of May and then on I'll have a good number of them.

Should also have more Golden (possible Antakyan cross) babies later this year as well. ( I have one hold back from late last year that I might sell )

Also hoping for some Jordanian eggs this year. :)

I have a friend from another forum looking for a baby golden.I think I just found her a connection to 1. She might take that hold back of your hands if you decide to sell also.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I will have Boxies (easterns, three toeds and ornates) and am hoping for some Russians, Golden greeks, Dalmatian Hermann's, and Libyans.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Kimber, are you the one that bought Chris's Libyans? You should post some pictures!

And Tyler, if I'm gonna stop being cheap, I'm gonna go Egyptian! :p

I've dropped quite the chunk of change on geckos recently. Maybe I'm not as cheap as you think!

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Meg90 said:
Kimber, are you the one that bought Chris's Libyans? You should post some pictures!

And Tyler, if I'm gonna stop being cheap, I'm gonna go Egyptian! :p

I've dropped quite the chunk of change on geckos recently. Maybe I'm not as cheap as you think!

Yes, I have the Libyans - hoping to have some eggs. Here are a couple recent pics in their outside pen.

Attachments

• Solomon (Medium).JPG
    Solomon (Medium).JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 38

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Man, the female is a stunner. Do you have any adult Greeks that you will be rehoming? I have been considering getting an adult as well. I'd love another girl.

geschman

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
St. Louis, MO
I currently have 8 sulcata eggs in the incubator. Annie laid her eggs on June 16. Can anyone tell me what the incubation period is. I have read anywhere from 80-160 days. Also, does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep the humidity in the incubator steady. It seems to go up and down like a yo-yo. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Quite a few of VicMorgan's eggs are lookin' pretty good for hatching! Can I interest you in a Manouria emys phayrei?

S

Scooter

emysemys said:
Quite a few of VicMorgan's eggs are lookin' pretty good for hatching! Can I interest you in a Manouria emys phayrei?

What kind of permits are needed for these guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.