Where can I buy a Greek tortoise?

martinh

My son has spent the last 2 weeks building a tortoise table for his room. He desperately wants a Greek tortoise and we can't locate one. We are in the Albany, NY area but are will to travel, within reason. I'm wondering if there are small breeders which aren't showing up on searches. Thanks!

ben32hayt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Long Island, New York
Gary Bright is located in upstate he breeds european tortoises including greek tortoises. Chris Leone of Garden State Tortoise also breeds greek tortoises he is located in NJ.

bettinge

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Upstate NY
Gary (GBTortoise) is in the Catskills. I highly recommend him. He is a wealth of knowledge, and very healthily tortoises!!!! PM me if you can't get a hold of him.

martinh

Thanks--I just emailed Garden State Tortoise and left a message for GBTortoise. I see that Gary hasn't been on here since June, so if you have another way to contact him, that would be great.

ginamarie89

Hi martinh, Chris from garden state is extremely helpful and usually very quick to respond. If he hasn't responded already, last week I had emailed him on the same subject and he said he should have some southern ibera Greeks hatching in about 4-6 weeks. :)

Gina Marie