What is this?

Greavesie

Location (City and/or State)
Manchester
Noticed this in my baby horsefield enclosure today...have struggled for a few weeks with not really eating or wanting to spend time put of her bed box. Did the carrot puree baths, got higher watt lamp etc and saw a small improvement. Not a lot of poop and we action. Is it poop? Is a girl about 1.5-2yrs old

20200205_074729.jpg20200205_074709.jpg

Sa Ga

MN
Noticed this in my baby horsefield enclosure today...have struggled for a few weeks with not really eating or wanting to spend time put of her bed box. Did the carrot puree baths, got higher watt lamp etc and saw a small improvement. Not a lot of poop and we action. Is it poop? Is a girl about 1.5-2yrs old

It looks gelatinous. Morla's urates can sometimes be like raw egg whites (clear and mucus-y), never quite that gelatinous though. Enlarging the pic, it looks like it has a stream coming off it, so I wonder if is urate/urine.

I've heard dandelion can cause pink pee. Do you feed your little one much of those? Maybe it could be pink urates then.

Has it happened Any more? Has she pooped? What did it look like?

If u find more of that, perhaps bagging it up and bringing it to the vet (fridge it and bring w/i 24 hrs) would be helpful. My only concern is that it looks a little bloody and we don't know where it came from.

Keep us posted!

Greavesie

Manchester
It looks gelatinous. Morla's urates can sometimes be like raw egg whites (clear and mucus-y), never quite that gelatinous though. Enlarging the pic, it looks like it has a stream coming off it, so I wonder if is urate/urine.

I've heard dandelion can cause pink pee. Do you feed your little one much of those? Maybe it could be pink urates then.

Has it happened Any more? Has she pooped? What did it look like?

If u find more of that, perhaps bagging it up and bringing it to the vet (fridge it and bring w/i 24 hrs) would be helpful. My only concern is that it looks a little bloody and we don't know where it came from.

Keep us posted!
Thank you I will keep an eye out..I real life looks quite like a pupea type thing but yes quite jelly like. Def not bloody is brown transparent? First time this morning. If does again will get che led properly was wondering if anyone else came across it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It might just be that color from the carrot soaks.