What hobby have you spent most on?

Have you spent more than 500 dollars on a hobby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Dont know how I missed this post. Beautiful birds, my hobby is fishing. I would hate to think the money I have spent on fishing.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
"Downsizing" WTH is THAT?

Do all you girls talk together :>)?

Kerry has been saying that "downsizing" word for the past two years as we discuss where all the stuff from my 3500sf home is going to fit into her 2000sf home, that already has all her junk in the way? LMAO

Here's that line again;
"We're gonna need a bigger boat"

For me, hobbies are like chapters in a book....we get into them and out of them.........the financial damage can be devastating though.

As Mags said....motorcycle parts are worth more than their weight in Gasoline!

My most expensive hobby is my motorcycle collection and the cost of restoring one at home, to original condition but I'm thinking of selling some as I peruse the idea of getting another Hydroplane.

My little car, a '02 SLK is a hobby of sorts....the Eaton supercharger was boosted(get it?) to 13PSI from the 7 stock, rechipped and drove it for 200K & replaced the entire suspension 5000 miles ago, still looks new.

most recent;
Radio controlled planes & cars(gas only)
Laying carbon fiber
Vacuforming
Hydroforming
Welding(when the hydro & vacuforming didn't work)
Building high performance 2 stroke engines, do all my own porting....tools are crazy expensive...."shuddering"
Lawn care & robots!
Scooters!
Shooting
Traveling
Dating That's right, we don't do that anymore, we're engaged jeffrey.....lol

The thing about hobbies is that we all get joy from them, regardless of how much money is spent.

I find the value is in the time spent doing them, learning and succeeding.....especially if you can share hobbies with someone you enjoy spending time with.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest

Kerry has been saying that "downsizing" word for the past two years as we discuss where all the stuff from my 3500sf home is going to fit into her 2000sf home, that already has all her junk in the way? LMAO

Here's that line again;

For me, hobbies are like chapters in a book....we get into them and out of them.........the financial damage can be devastating though.

My most expensive hobby is my motorcycle collection and the cost of restoring one at home, to original condition but I'm thinking of selling some as I peruse the idea of getting another Hydroplane.

My little car, a '02 SLK is a hobby of sorts....the Eaton supercharger was boosted(get it?) to 13PSI from the 7 stock, rechipped and drove it for 200K & replaced the entire suspension 5000 miles ago, still looks new.

most recent;
Laying carbon fiber
Vacuforming
Hydroforming
Building high performance 2 stroke engines, do all my own porting....tools are crazy expensive...."shuddering"
Lawn care & robots!
Scooters!
Shooting
Traveling

The thing about hobbies is that we all get joy from them, regardless of how much money is spent.

I find the value is in the time spent doing them, learning and succeeding.....especially if you can share hobbies with someone you enjoy spending time with.
SLK? A little Mercedes...???

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

Here's that line again;

most recent;
Laying carbon fiber
Vacuforming
Hydroforming
Lawn care & robots!
Scooters!
Shooting
Traveling

I agree with that. I am so happy I had the opportunity to get my son's into deer hunting and fishing. Especially salmon fishing on lake Michigan. But my oldest son was going to turn out to be a deer hunter. He was born on opening day of rifle season for deer. He was 6 wks early, so at first coming home the evening before opening day. I was questioning her intentions, was she in labor or was she just wanting me home???? Hours later my first born!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Oh heck...my oldest and almost more favored than my IROC hobby is my blank blank collection...worth tens of dollars...
I do have a cast iron bank that is worth a good penny...see my new thread I will post now so gimme minute...
100_0452.JPG
That sweet face makes me smile...but behind that sweet face is the devil incarnate...

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
My hand tool addiction has cost me the most.
I no longer buy motorcycles very frequently. But I still buy tools. And I retired 3 years ago
I retired 3 yrs ago, come the 19th. I'm just as busy as I was when I was working, I just get paid now to work @ My house rather than the Treatment Plant

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
What's worse then that is I can't figure out how I worked and held down a job before I retired. Im busier than ever. I have a bunch of hobbies and they all include critters in the mix so I guess that's my most expensive hobby. Wether it be cages, food, toys, vet bills, or cameras for sneaking pictures of wildlife I need all kinds of tools to build cages so any good tool or SD card on sell, fresh food has to be seeds, plants and something to grow them in... the crap gets deep and then I gotta find a place to put it all. Ok I'm tired ?