What are these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scooter

I have two weeds I am not 100% positive on their ID and edibility. Can anyone help me out?

Weed one
IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2314.jpg

IMG_2312.jpg

Weed two
IMG_2310.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2306.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
The first one looks like giant clover (I'm sure its not). I think the second one is mint. I don't feed mint, but I don't know if its edible for tortoises or not. I hate being so ignorant about plants. I need a plant mentor to study under. When I win the lottery, I'm going to go work at a nursery for a year or two. You know, in between all the tropical scuba diving trips, welding lessons, falconry and tortoise pen building.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
I think Toms right on both counts. They look like what I've got in my yard, clover and mint!

S

Scooter

I was thinking they looked like that two but I am with you Tom I don't know anything about plants, though I am trying to learn. I got these from small strip of land between my grandparents back yard and their neighbors.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
First one is definetly clover it grows in my pen but my guys won't touch it. the second one looks like mint but I could not say 100% I am pretty sure it is edible but I think it leaves it up to individual torts.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
The first I am almost sure is Oxalis. Looks like clover, but isn't and is something I wouldn't feed to my tortoise.

S

Scooter

Ok I went out and smelled the second one. It does not smell like mint.

S

Scooter

Looking at the pictures on the other thread it looks a lot like the Oxalis _arborea. Thanks Rob

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
There are so many plants/weeds out there. It's kind of scary to know which are edible and which are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.