We should feed more iceberg

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stells

Ed should have never left... should have never been forced out... he posted his posts... it was up to other members to search for them if they wanted too... thats why forums have search engines... he is a person i class as a good friend... and i can truely understand his reasons for not being here...

He is still a regular on Shelled warriors... that i am greatful for...

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
emysemys said:
PeanutbuttER said:
He's from southern california, isn't that not too far away from fresno (read it on his amazon bio). Hope you can get him to go! :)

He moved to Georgia a couple years ago.

aha, that makes more sense. Was thinking that socal well isn't all that far from socal...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
stells said:
Ed should have never left... should have never been forced out... he posted his posts... it was up to other members to search for them if they wanted too... thats why forums have search engines... he is a person i class as a good friend... and i can truely understand his reasons for not being here...

He is still a regular on Shelled warriors... that i am greatful for...

You make a lot of statements... without any explanation... why don't you explain to us the reasons, that you understand so well, for him not being here...

... forum search engines are not always easy to use... sometimes I find a thing on my first try... other times I can't find it at all... what's wrong with answering a simple question that you know the answer to?...

S

stells

As said he is a good friend who has told me his reasons... i am not one to go and post them all over a forum... now how loyal of a friend would that make me...

Its called research... did you get the answers to exams handed to you... i think the answer is no...

Whats this Tom... another excuse to try to get at Kelly... Sorry... not working

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
stells said:
As said he is a good friend who has told me his reasons... i am not one to go and post them all over a forum... now how loyal of a friend would that make me...

Its called research... did you get the answers to exams handed to you... i think the answer is no...

Whats this Tom... another excuse to tryu to get at Kelly... Sorry... not working

It's a forum, not a class. There is no exam. Just discussion. I don't come to a forum to be taught, but to share. It is kinda strange when people come here with a teaching attitude because this is just not the place for it. So, when someone says "search through my 700+ posts to find this specific one that solves all your problems" it strikes me as arrogant. Does that not seem weird to you in the slightest? It would be different if he said "I made a thread about this a year ago, but the main point is X"

S

stells

You want to know that badly... you would find it...

The exam thing was just an example... as you probably know...

Thats one problem... everyone here takes everything literally..

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
stells said:
You want to know that badly... you would find it...

The exam thing was just an example... as you probably know...

Thats one problem... everyone here takes everything literally..

Fine. All I'm saying, nobody comes here for the lecture on the merits of the search button.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I only know ed online. and wish he would come back every so often, I don't know how anyone could be "forced" out, the main thing is he sometimes was arrogant and condescending to some newbies. He is very knowledgeable.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
dmmj said:
I only know ed online. and wish he would come back every so often, I don't know how anyone could be "forced" out, the main thing is he sometimes was arrogant and condescending to some newbies. He is very knowledgeable.

He left of his own accord, but he said it was because of the way I treated him.

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
I would like to point out that this thread is a great example of why I don't like to search the forum for things. You find a thread that looks like it will have every little detail on some subject you're interested in and after a couple posts it delineates into back and forth chit chat. :)

I probably should mention that as the OP I could care less that this thread turned into that. I had my idea, others commented on it, I learned something, and only after that did it get off topic. I'm pleased with the discussion that's already happened (THOUGH I gladly welcome anyone with a thought or viewpoint on it to feel free to steer us back on-topic).

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm sorry. As a moderator I shouldn't have let the OT stuff escalate and I even contributed to it.

Consider the moderator whip cracked!

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
You're fine Yvonne. I am not cracking any whips today. Off-topic doesn't generally bother me at all. That's actually one reason why I'd be a lousy moderator.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
LOL! I was getting into reading about Ed so much I sort of forgot it was off topic!

I'm all for feeding more 'healthy filler'!

S

stells

You might be better at it than you think... Moderators are about putting things right... not cracking whips... or getting power hungry... unless it's something really bad...

but thats another problem...

Iceberg... i use it on occassions... it is good to bulk out other food stuffs when they are scarce... and is also good for hydration... it isn't something that should be a staple though...

PeanutbuttER said:
You're fine Yvonne. I am not cracking any whips today. Off-topic doesn't generally bother me at all. That's actually one reason why I'd be a lousy moderator.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Stells wrote:

You might be better at it than you think... Moderators are about putting things right... not cracking whips... or getting power hungry... unless it's something really bad...

but thats another problem...

EXACTLY! Couldn't have been put any better then this. I do believe we are adults and don't need a moderator coming in especially if the OP doesn't mind the conversation. Yvonne I always thought that you were nothing but respectful to Ed on here. Now I have something to think about....Iceberg lettuce? :D

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Holy COW. It's 29 pages long!!!

Thanks for that Balboa, I'll read through it. How in the world is he recommending T-REX? That stuff sucks on ice!

Status
Not open for further replies.