Wanted-Female Russian Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
I need to get a female russian. I have 2 males and 1 female. One of my males is in quarantine and I would like to have a female that after quarantine, I would have an even playing field.

lbriegleb

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
jlyoncc1 said:
I need to get a female russian. I have 2 males and 1 female. One of my males is in quarantine and I would like to have a female that after quarantine, I would have an even playing field.

WHere do you live? Maybe we have the female you are looking for...

lbriegleb

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
We will not ship "Daisy" so hopefully you are in the SF Bay Area. Please post pictures of you torties.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thanks but it would be a really long walk. I am in NJ and unfortunately tortoises are not as popular around here.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I think you'll find that they can't be sold in NJ in petshops as I think you need permits for almost all turtles and tortoises in NJ.
You might want to look into that. I'll see what I can find.

Danny

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
It is illegal to sell turtles and tortoises in NJ but you can purchase/adopt them from out of state and get a hobby permit from the state. It is only $10. I have already spoken to the state and found the form online to fill out. You can have them in your possession and send in the form after the fact. Also, you can breed and sell them from NJ but sell out of state.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
If you plan to breed it's a different permit. It's a scientific permit and it's $20 as opposed to $10. Glad you are already up on this. :)

Danny

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Yes, I have been checking into everything just to be ready. Don't need Fish and Game knocking on my door and fining me! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.