Video , not sure if I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
I saw this video and then read the description, seems this person got one tort on sat and then another on Sun. Put them right together. UGH!!!Seems like the poor RF is being abused. If I can't paste the related one, check it out. There is a follow up video that shows how they are living. OH my>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgAsHauSP8U&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW4-dRgl23c&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHTNg7EYTOU&feature=related

I haven't spent a lot of time on Youtube, but it seems like there are a lot you can watch..
Na
Actually when I go back and see more videos from this person it seems like they don't have a bad home,compared to so many others.... Guess I shouldn't be quick to judge.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
he may have the best intentions at heart, but if you read some of his comments, he says he bought the one turtle to keep the other turtle company. we know RF's and boxies have similiar if not identical care conditions, I just wish they would be seperated.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
If you have access to making comments on his video, you could suggest that he visit this forum for more info on Redfoots and Box turtles...

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Boxies and Redfoots do require similar environments, and I have kept mine together for a while, but that boxie was clearly aggressive toward the Redfoot. The RF looks like it was taken care of very well, as it's nice and smooth and healthy looking. I have both, and I think that boxies are much more outgoing while the RF is just a gentle soul. To see that makes me sad.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
I know how me and you feel about them being together Terry(Wink wink!!)
I went back and watched a few videos from this person. She has the most beautiful yard (well not as nice as Terrys, but nonetheless very nice.) And she answered many comments from viewers very politely and showed a bit of knowledge. I saw the first one and think that boxie was an obnoxious twit.Apparently someone had painted it, and she got it like that and people were bashing her, she nicely explained she would NEVER paint a tort and received it the was it was. But all and all she has a pretty cool situation for them. I can see myself watching you tube now. oh boy..Go and watch some, she has one that shows how she baths them, (DAILY!!!)
Enjoy,
Na
Oh and Terry, my Jack can sometimes be just as bad as that boxie, when he goes after his woman Petey..
Gentle soul, unless the 'spirit' moves him!!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I started looking at some of her video's too...wow...did you see her African Violets? And giving them a bath? They must be well loved.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
All her plants, wonder where she lives...There are all bloomed.
But come on , I,m sorry . gloves... Maybe a good idea, but my hands get dirty all the time, what's a little poop between friends!!!
Na

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I don't know she said she bought the one to keep the other company, and if you notice the box turtle is painted to look like a RF, I am just saying.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I never saw them trained to come inside and then go in their little houses. I wonder how you would train them to do that.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
dmmj,
She does post somewhere that she was very upset someone painted that boxie before she got it. It really seems like she is into taking proper care. I should've searched the rest of the videos first..before I posted anything here.
Na

Status
Not open for further replies.