Update!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikeD

5 Year Member
Ok from this thread http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-what-kind-of-tortoise-am-i#axzz1yf6OJxHd To now this is what I have . And some new questions. 1st off tell me what you think any suggestions will be appreciated. Again I got him in bad condition and NOT in the right tank/enclosure/habitat. After some moneys and the forum help (you guys) This is ware Mr. koopa lives. I feel good knowing he will be "cared for" . He has shell salve called Turtle/tortoise vitaShell conditioner and he gets treated once a week. A 8 inch high (not fish tank) bin And a spray of vitamin water once a day and the "wet" side of his living quarters re-moistened once every 2 days. Koopa gets fresh fruit daily some "Repti calcium" and UV and UVB lighting on timers set to 10 hours a day .

My question is should i set the UVB on a timer or the heat lamp? Or bot to turn on during day light HRS. Now i have it set to !) hrs UVB 10 hrs and all 24 hrs heat lamp (to the heat/humidity side) Is this what I or he needs?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't remember what kind of tort you have. Remind us. Also I don't know of any tort that should have that much fruit. The night time should be dark, a Che is good for this. Also, you can put the UVB on a timer if you want. I have mine on timers. That way they come on, incase I sleep in or am gone.

spikeD

5 Year Member
wellington said:
I don't remember what kind of tort you have. Remind us. Also I don't know of any tort that should have that much fruit. The night time should be dark, a Che is good for this. Also, you can put the UVB on a timer if you want. I have mine on timers. That way they come on, incase I sleep in or am gone.

He has 2 strawberries in his pen now one with calcium on half and one plain. And a 1 inch piece of banana across the cage. Here are pics i forgot to upload of what i have set up. EDIT a redfoot!

Attachments

• IMG_1405.JPG
    IMG_1405.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 47

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Is that hide in a warm spot and moist? those are cool for use as a humid hide....

How big is your RF? I personally would remove some of that substrate and add in some soil texture substrate with what you have so that your tort can dig into soil vs only the stick stuff....

In addition to a CHE, you can use a night heat black light ;)

May we see another pic of your tort....I love seeing em from time to time...:D

spikeD

5 Year Member
ascott said:
Is that hide in a warm spot and moist? those are cool for use as a humid hide....

How big is your RF? I personally would remove some of that substrate and add in some soil texture substrate with what you have so that your tort can dig into soil vs only the stick stuff....

In addition to a CHE, you can use a night heat black light ;)

May we see another pic of your tort....I love seeing em from time to time...:D
Yea I can post some tomorrow when i get in from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.