update on my indian stars tiny and pinky !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

panky

5 Year Member
hello everyone...
here is update on ma two lil stars tiny n pinky (their names).
its 15 days nw they r wid me...eatin well n active...they love to eat hibiscus flowers...
their size is 2.16 inches each ( one is lil smaller)
they weigh 48gm n 50 gm
can any one tell their age from their size? ( as these were not bought from breeder) any comments? suggestions r most welcome :)
uploading their pics hope u vl like them.
TINYNPINKY7_zpse08bd903.jpg

TINYNPINKY3_zps615854c7.jpg

TINYNPINKY6_zps0fcbe14d.jpg

TINYNPINKY2_zpsf55ce537.jpg

TINYNPINKY1_zps3a87679c.jpg

Ansh

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cambridge, UK
Hi. Lovely Stars you have there. Looking through my tortoises weight chart mine got to about 50g by the age of 4 months. As tortoises grow at different rates, it would difficult to be exact though. I am relatively inexperienced though and hopefully someone with more experience will post soon!

panky

5 Year Member
Ansh said:
Hi. Lovely Stars you have there. Looking through my tortoises weight chart mine got to about 50g by the age of 4 months. As tortoises grow at different rates, it would difficult to be exact though. I am relatively inexperienced though and hopefully someone with more experience will post soon!

hi ansh thanks....thanks for a guess...how about their size to weight ratio? is it ok? i mean its normal o below normal? what ur chart says?

Ansh

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cambridge, UK
panky said:
hi ansh thanks....thanks for a guess...how about their size to weight ratio? is it ok? i mean its normal o below normal? what ur chart says?

I have unfortunately never checked their carapace length, although perhaps I should. Looking at the photos they look fine.

Frog Tropics

5 Year Member
Ours love hibiscus flowers, too, but we can't keep the hibiscus plants alive. Do you order them from a safe source or do you grow them? I was just curious if you knew a good source.

lkwagner

5 Year Member
Frog Tropics said:
Ours love hibiscus flowers, too, but we can't keep the hibiscus plants alive. Do you order them from a safe source or do you grow them? I was just curious if you knew a good source.

I grew mine and its thriving. But I do keep it at my dads cause he grows hundreds of bonsai trees and has grow lights to keep it under. They need lots of sunlight.
You could buy one from a plant nursery, replant it, wait about 6 months for it to go through a growth cycle and it should be good to go!
Also, niño salvagios or whatever it's called sells dried hibiscus flowers and mine love those as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.