5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Terry Allan Hall said:
zesty_17 said:
Terry Allan Hall said:
N2TORTS said:
momo said:
and i cant even hatch a pancake. i dont think im going to have that problem. i dont think i could do the egg in.

OK...

DesertGrandma said:
With all the tortoise knowledge out there it is surprising to me that someone hasn't found a way to sterilize a tortoise the same as you would with a cat or dog. There must be a way to block the sperm/egg from reaching each other???? I understand the anatomy/biology is completely different, but there must be a way. (not wanting this to become an OT debate on tortoise condoms, although it could be quite funny heehee). Hmm, think this should be a new topic.

I've often discussed neutering tortoises w/ my vet buddy...he's considering if there might be a suppliment to the diet, like saltpeter for Boy Scouts... :p

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
OMG, I have never heard anyone else say that. "saltpeter" my mother always used to say that.:D:D:D
As for the eggs. A responsible breeder of any animal does not produce what he can not sell or keep if it doesn't sell. I am a very, very strong believer in responsible animal breeding. Good for you in realizing you do not have the room. But can you just put the eggs in the freezer or just out in the cold, instead of chopping them up. Not that I am against it, it just sounds so gruesome.

Shar-pei owner
Also good for you, with spaying your Shar-Pei. I was a breeder, very responsible breeder of Shar-Pei years ago. Many people would sell you a Shar-Pei and tell you to breed it. They sold it for more money that way. Only about 1 out of 20 puppies of any breed should really be bred.

Unwanted/un-homed, animals is a very sad, sad situation that no one should contribute to! Just my opinion, wish it was everyone's! :D:D

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Terry Allan Hall said:
dmarcus said:
Terry Allan Hall said:
I've often discussed neutering tortoises w/ my vet buddy...he's considering if there might be a suppliment to the diet, like saltpeter for Boy Scouts... :p

Another former Scout? :p

No the military and it's something you heard a lot, especially in basic training...

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
dmarcus said:
Terry Allan Hall said:
dmarcus said:
Terry Allan Hall said:

Another former Scout? :p

No the military and it's something you heard a lot, especially in basic training...

YEP!

Status
Not open for further replies.