underside of tortoise shell

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrturtle

5 Year Member
I have a 1 to 2 year old African spur tortoise and was wondering about the way his under side of shell seems kind of recessed instead of flat improperly I keep them in a well same maintained environment he seems healthy very active no problem just wondering about the underside of the Shell being the way it is .any input would be greatly appreciated

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi mrturtle, and welcome to the Forum!

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but please...it would make your posts so much easier to figure out what you are talking about, if you would use punctuation. I'm not understanding where the word "improperly" fits in, and also "...I keep them in a well same maintained..." This sentence makes no sense to me.

In order to help you with your question we will have to see a picture of the tortoise's underside (called plastron). A lot of us use free photo programs, either photobucket.com or tinypic.com to post our pictures here on the forum.

It will also help us if we can see a picture of the tortoise's habitat and know a little bit more about how you care for him. Rather than using words like "well maintained" we need to know exactly what that is...the exact temperature, the exact type of food, etc.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.