Trying to breed red foots for the first time

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtiljen

5 Year Member
Trying to breed red foot torts for the first time in my life. Growing up as a kid in NC I always had a huge love for turtles. My parents would never ever let me have one and the ones I did have on occasion they'd make me let them go and I'd cry kick and scream. Now here I am at 31 and I fell in love years ago all over again when I purchased a Sulcata tortoise. He grew to big for me and now lives on a farm with a guy who takes care of him really well. I learned the Sulcata is just to big for me so I found my love, Red Foots. Absolutely gorgeous and a decent size to work with. I have a 9 inch or so male and female. I got the male August 2nd of this year and they began mating immediately and do so everytime I take them outside in the outdoor pen clucking away. So I'm new to all of this and any tips/pointers would help. Also incubator tips on building my own etc. I currently have an igloo cooler set up with a heat mat from an aquarium hooked up to a zilla thermostat around 85 degrees trying to get this thing to stay constant at 85.

Anyways all help is appreciated. And by the way if you are big on smartphone there is an app called groupme and I created a room called reptile talk where we can all chat etc 24/7. Here is the link, it works kind of like texting except no phone numbers involved. Hope I can see you guys in there.

https://web.groupme.com/groups/5261724

gtiljen

5 Year Member
Working on making a homemade incubator

1148938_602866396432834_490679419_n.jpg

1150144_602866356432838_1143600483_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.