Toxic or Not?

2Reds1Sulcata

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hi everyone!! I'm needing help identifying this weed. When I let my little one's out they eat the grass and then head towards it. I just want to be sure it's safe or get rid of it if its not. (If it's good then I want to keep it so they can munch it).

phone14 008.jpg
phone14 015.jpg

2Reds1Sulcata said:
Hi everyone!! I'm needing help identifying this weed. When I let my little one's out they eat the grass and then head towards it. I just want to be sure it's safe or get rid of it if its not. (If it's good then I want to keep it so they can munch it).

It could be London Rocket weed, but I've never seen this one flower.

Last edited by a moderator:

redbeef

5 Year Member
looks like some kind of Brassicaceae, but I can't be sure which one

2Reds1Sulcata

5 Year Member
Arizona
That's what it looks like, but don't know how to tell which one. I guess it doesn't matter which one....do you know if that family is toxic to sulcatas? I plan on taking a sample to my vet on Friday, but thought I'd check here first. Thanks!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think its an artichoke plant.

redbeef

5 Year Member
2Reds1Sulcata said:
That's what it looks like, but don't know how to tell which one. I guess it doesn't matter which one....do you know if that family is toxic to sulcatas? I plan on taking a sample to my vet on Friday, but thought I'd check here first. Thanks!

Brassicaceae is often a feed in moderation, but you'll have to do some research on tortoisetable to find a close match...try a search for "mustard" and go from there