Tortoise needs a good home

sarahs

My daughter begged for a russian tortoise and so we got one about 6 months ago. The excitement wore off quickly and now I am the one caring for the tortoise. I really like him but I don't have the time to care for him properly. I'm looking for a good home for him and am willing to give his 40 gallon aquarium, heat lamp, etc to someone who will take him and be good to him. I live in the Dallas area if anyone is interested.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Sarah, and welcome to the Forum!

Have you given any thought to making an outdoor habitat for the tortoise? It's much easier to care for them when they're living naturally outside. And if you like gardening, it's fun to set up an area outside for a tortoise to live in. One plus for this is that they hibernate during the winter, giving you a break from feeding, cleaning, etc.

We have quite a few members living in Texas. Hopefully you will get the help you're asking for.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
My daughter begged for a russian tortoise and so we got one about 6 months ago. The excitement wore off quickly and now I am the one caring for the tortoise. I really like him but I don't have the time to care for him properly. I'm looking for a good home for him and am willing to give his 40 gallon aquarium, heat lamp, etc to someone who will take him and be good to him. I live in the Dallas area if anyone is interested.
Sorry to hear you don't feel able to keep him. I hope he finds a good home with someone who has been a member for a long time and has good experience of torts rather than someone who may just want him because he is free to sell on . Check out the profiles of posters who may reply to see how long they have been members and how active on the forum they are.

AnimalLady

I wish I lived in Texas! I'd take him ;) Good luck, and I agree with Lyn, try to find a long time active member... they will have the best interest of the tort for sure.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
There's a tortoise rescue down the street from you. Pm @tortadise see if he can help you .

Last edited:

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Good luck in whatever you choose! I hope your tortoise finds a great home with a loving owner! :<3::<3: