Tortoise in San Bernardino Shelter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
My concern exactly, Laura! Any reptile being stuck in a shelter is scary to me. I'm hoping someone who knows torts can snag him... If not, and he's still there come pay day next week, I'll see what I can do to make space for him here.

pinkspore

5 Year Member
Santa Barbara, CA
Poor guy! That's one of the worst shelters, too. I have the space and the money but it's a 3 hour drive from here. If anyone closer could spring him and help get him a little closer to the coast I'd be happy to pay for your gas.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Pink, I might be able to help you out on that! I work tomorrow and through the weekend, but if he's still there come Tuesday I can pick him up and transport him part of the way. :)

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I am positive they will hold him, if they know you will get him.
Terribly sad!

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Good news!!! If Pinkspore is unable to take him, he has a home here (even if temporarily)... My housemate, the biggest hurdle, gave me the OK! Surprisingly readily, too... Could it be she's warming up to the scaly things? :D ... Probably not, but it's nice to dream!

It looks like the shelter may be open on Sunday, which I have off for the holiday... If that's the case, I'll see if I can whip together a temp enclosure and pick him up then. Better than making him wait til Tuesday! :)

Pink, if you do want him, you are welcome to send me a PM to discuss details. I wouldn't be able to drive out your way til Tuesday, but I am HAPPY to help in order to get him to a good forever home.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Just called the shelter to check this little guy's status. He was adopted earlier today. :( I wish I would've picked him up yesterday!

Hopefully his new owner is knowledgeable and can give him a good home...

Status
Not open for further replies.