Tortoise Humidity

tortoisetime565

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
What kind of tricks are there for getting humidity up? I need various humidities for various torts. Redfoots, sulcatas, as well as Russians. I have a repti fogger and a PVC pipe setup but I can't get various humidity in the different cages. I use reptibark and Eco earth (coco coir) so my question is, are there any tips or little tricks to get humidity. The cages they are in now are open except for 1' which is covered by their balcony. Their new table will be 2' wide and 1' tall. With half of it covered. Should I get little humidifiers for each part of the table?

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Is there any way you can take some pictures of everybody's enclosures and post them for us to see?

tortoisetime565

Oklahoma
Tom said:
Cover the tops and stop the flow of cold dry room air in, and warm humid enclosure air out.

Read this one:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-32333.html

I keep the room at 80-87 degrees this helps keep the water warm for my aquatics.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1390587948.162317.jpg ignore the mess. I'm in the process of moving. This is their "temporary cage." I have a thread open of my new table I'm building. ImageUploadedByTortForum1390587998.044549.jpg this is the plan. But there has been some revisions. It's no longer going to be 4' on the a smaller side. It will be 6'. And the cages will be split up into two 3x2 enclosures and a 4x2. There will also be a balcony that covers 1' of the top of the cage to serve as a hid and to hopefully help with humidity. The "balcony" will go over the whole cage. Like I said I'm still making revisions.

The enclosure picture is without the PVC pipe humidifier. If you go to my Instagram "tortoisetime565" there is a video of the misting system. I also spray the cage down with a pump up mister. I use warm water in the mister also.

Wow this picture is old ish. I made some new revisions. There is a red basking lamp for the sully to use in place of one of the lights. This setup is just temporary as I said.

Barista5261 said:
Is there any way you can take some pictures of everybody's enclosures and post them for us to see?

Here are the pics. Sorry I don't know how to tag!

Last edited by a moderator: