TORTOISE COVE??? ISO MARBLE/HIGH RED/ORANGE CH

TeamZissou

Location (City and/or State)
Albuquerque, NM
TortoiseCove.com still exists and the "available" page still lists them for $175:

These might be the YouTube videos that the OP was considering. I do not see any other videos on YouTube referencing TortosieCove. They are also a few years old:

As a side question, doesn't the marbling eventually go away/darken up? If so, why is it such a big selling point for RF?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
@Adam90 mentioned the business and wondered if it was legitimate.(Above)
I'm not sure if the OP was just quoting a price from the old website or not.
I became concerned that a scammer was reaching out under the name.
So far, the has been no clarification
I see. No I think he was just referring to the actual Tortoise Cove website and videos. I don't think he seen anything that wasn't Jeff's. I looked the website. It's all Jeff's pictures and animals from years ago.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
TortoiseCove.com still exists and the "available" page still lists them for $175:

These might be the YouTube videos that the OP was considering. I do not see any other videos on YouTube referencing TortosieCove. They are also a few years old:

As a side question, doesn't the marbling eventually go away/darken up? If so, why is it such a big selling point for RF?
Tortoise Cove exists but sadly not active for many years now.
I thought the marbling actually got more pronounced, @ZEROPILOT?

Adam90

Sarasota
Sent an email to Jeff/Cindy to see if they were back to selling or if someone else was using the Tortoise Cove with permission to sell.
Usually takes a bit for them to answer. Will update when I hear from them.
You are an absolute wizard! Thank you for the information everything is making alot more sense now. I watched a YouTube video a little while ago and they had some ridiculous looking cherryheads which they got from "the tortoise cove."

I then found the site via google, sent an email, waited forever with no reply, and now we're here. At least I have some closure lol.

Thanks

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
You are an absolute wizard! Thank you for the information everything is making alot more sense now. I watched a YouTube video a little while ago and they had some ridiculous looking cherryheads which they got from "the tortoise cove."

I then found the site via google, sent an email, waited forever with no reply, and now we're here. At least I have some closure lol.

Thanks
I'm glad that we got to the bottom of it.
Thanks everyone

Adam90

Sarasota

Adam90

Sarasota

the tortoise cove wasn't tagged in the video I watched. They just mentioned it in passing. it took me some digging but I THINK I found it. Skip to 00:05:00 for the cherry heads and you'll see why I desperately wanted to get a hold of the breeder lol

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA

the tortoise cove wasn't tagged in the video I watched. They just mentioned it in passing. it took me some digging but I THINK I found it. Skip to 00:05:00 for the cherry heads and you'll see why I desperately wanted to get a hold of the breeder lol
Oh I know why you would want one of his RF. He had the most beautiful varieties I have ever seen. In fact haven't seen them since Jeff got sick and stopped posting.

Adam90

Sarasota
Oh I know why you would want one of his RF. He had the most beautiful varieties I have ever seen. In fact haven't seen them since Jeff got sick and stopped posting.
That's a bummer I hope they get well soon. I wouldn't say I'm "new" but I definitely don't have your level of experience. I just had a feeling they were something special after spending lord only knows how many hours per day looking up redfoots and I've never seen anything close to as beautiful as their stock.

Just out of curiosity were they on the west coast of Florida? Or the west coast of the country?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's a bummer I hope they get well soon. I wouldn't say I'm "new" but I definitely don't have your level of experience. I just had a feeling they were something special after spending lord only knows how many hours per day looking up redfoots and I've never seen anything close to as beautiful as their stock.

Just out of curiosity were they on the west coast of Florida? Or the west coast of the country?
They live in California.
Yeah I wish anyone that bought some of those really different colored ones would join the forum and post them now as adults. I'd love to see what they turned into.

Adam90

Sarasota
They live in California.
Yeah I wish anyone that bought some of those really different colored ones would join the forum and post them now as adults. I'd love to see what they turned into.
Ohhh ok I was thinking west coast FL. Thanks for clearing that up.

AGREED!!!! I am curious myself. They should all get together and make a calendar lol.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I thought Jeff had someone else take over the tortoises. I wonder if that person also uses the cove name.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Okay, I heard from Cindy, Jeff's wife the tortoise Cove. They do still breed and have hatchlings for sale just not as often or as many as they used too.
Waiting to hear back if they are selling them on their own or thru their friend. Also emailed the friend to see if I could give out his info for you and others to contact.

Adam90

Sarasota
Okay, I heard from Cindy, Jeff's wife the tortoise Cove. They do still breed and have hatchlings for sale just not as often or as many as they used too.
Waiting to hear back if they are selling them on their own or thru their friend. Also emailed the friend to see if I could give out his info for you and others to contact.
Unbelievable! thank you so much for your time and information!