Tort bm location?

Andy27012

5 Year Member
Just like the title says, where do your torts likt to dook? My leopard always went in its water dish as well as my redfoots as a hatchling. My aldabra though, likes his food dish. I don't know, maybe he needs more room so he just pinches one off while he eats? It is better than when I bred boas, they would consistently go in their water bowl. It was worse with the boas, especially the adults!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My leopards do it every place. Sometimes in the water sometimes not. Usually never on their food dish. I only had one of my leopards as a hatching and he would also poop in his soak. He's the one that will usually poop in his water dish. So they both have two water dishes. One they can fit in the other just a small dog dish so they always have a fresh bowl they can dirty. They try, but usually only get substrate in it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Just like the title says, where do your torts likt to dook? My leopard always went in its water dish as well as my redfoots as a hatchling. My aldabra though, likes his food dish. I don't know, maybe he needs more room so he just pinches one off while he eats? It is better than when I bred boas, they would consistently go in their water bowl. It was worse with the boas, especially the adults!
When they are babies in their indoor enclosures, they poop in their soak water during their daily soaks. Once they move outside when they are larger they go in their night boxes or outside while grazing.