Too long without UVB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommybeegs

5 Year Member
I just got a new tortoise, and when I bought his lighting setup online, I forgot to hit the next day shipping. It will be here in 7-10 business days. Is this too long for him to go without UVB? He is very healthy. It is too cold here to take him outside (usually below 10 degrees)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
RE: Too lon without UVB?

As long as he was receiving proper care before, a week or two without UVB is no big deal.

mommybeegs

5 Year Member

Okay just wanted to be sure :) I live in a VERy desolate town. Closest store with one of these lights is 4 hrs away! But if a week was too long I gladly would have made the trip :) glad it will be okay though :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA

I agree, not too long to wait. However, 10 degrees is way to cold to bring outside.

mommybeegs

5 Year Member

Yes that's why I was worried about UVB is excuse I can't take him outside and his light is not here yet. Thanks!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Also is this a little hatchling or an adult? (Sorry excuse my poor memory here and what you have)

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
He'll be fine - as long as he has the warmth he needs to digest his food. He may act a little lethargic, just cuz the UVB does also stimulate activity. But MBD doesn't happen in 10 days, so you should be ok. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.