Tonto's Tort Table

thisiscowboy

5 Year Member
I've been hard at work for the past couple of weeks decorating (and not stopping decorating) Tonto's Tort Table! He's (or She's!) a year old Hermann's over here in the UK.

IKEA Underbed Storage with a mix of Heathers for shelter, upturned flower pots and a spider tree up a hill. The 'rocky' background I made by spraying expanding builders foam on a cardboard sheet and sticking substrate to it with PVA glue! Humidity was a problem to start with as it's quite dry in the house so having failed with various humidifiers, grassed part of the Table to give Tonto something interesting to climb over and walk through and explore, and to push the Humidity up to 65%.

You can't really see it in the photos but there's also half a large pot hidden under the substrate in the hot section, giving him an underground cave!

Wi8EaVw.jpg

The Cooler side, Watering hole and Hide before the grass grew:

jN6vyq8.jpg

thisiscowboy

5 Year Member
In today's addition, I rewired a £1 solar activated garden light to power some Mini LED strings to replicate a little bit of moonlight or starlight if he's ever up when the UVB light turns off! Mini solar panel automatically picks up the UVB light turning off and turns the bulbs on. It *may* be a little bright at the moment (I've instagrammed this to show it up as it's ridiculously hard to take a picture of in the dark!) so might dim it with a resistor.

XjGiSk8.jpg

Linhdan Nguyen

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Theres jealousy like no other right now. Lol
You did AMAZING ! i love it !
What is your instagram name?

thisiscowboy

5 Year Member
All edible or edible but they don't eat them - 2 English Heathers, a Bromeliad and the mini tree is a Dragon something!