Tiny Tuleo...? (AKA "Tuleo turns 3 - Mom's stressin'!)

DawnH

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southeast Texas
I'm stressing again! He is SUCH a lightweight, still! Do I worry...? I could understand if he was female, but we know he is a male so I worry. He's happy as a clam, temps and humidity spot on, soaks, eats like a shelled cow... the whole nine yards. I'm wondering if I should add more Mazuri to his diet? He free grazes all day and doesn't get any "treats" from us... He just turned 3 and he's 11.6lbs. He was 56 grams at 5 weeks old. Carapace measures at 13" (My size 11 foot next to him.)

Thoughts...?

Do I need to just chill and breathe into a paper bag... (Again!!) ?

thisone.jpg

lazy.jpg

lazy1.jpg

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Maybe that is just him? As long as he is healthy and eating, I don't think you should worry. It isn't a race to get the biggest tortoise, is it?

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
Maybe that is just him? As long as he is healthy and eating, I don't think you should worry. It isn't a race to get the biggest tortoise, is it?
Did I make it sound like it's a race to get the biggest tortoise? If so, that was not my intent nor my desire since my ego is not involved in any of this. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything, which is why I asked. I like to get seasoned Sulcata owners input whenever I have a question or concern!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
See? Everyone is telling you that your tort is fine, cute, good looking and the rest. :) So please STOP that worrying.:D

Alexio

Syracuse, New York
Is there anything besides his weight that is concerning you? Or just that he seems smaller than others by comparison?

Lancecham

10 Year Member!
Southern California
He looks great. You have provided great care for Tuleo. Remember, tortoises grow at different rates.
How much Mazuri do you feed him?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That's a good size for a three year old. Nothing wrong there at all. And on top of being a good size, he looks great too!

Relax. Enjoy your tortoise. :)