They keep on hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Ok, if you guys are tiring of seeing these pancake babies we'll quit posting. Perhaps its not as exciting to everyone else as it is to us. But we just get so thrilled every time we peek into the incubator and see a pair of tiny eyes staring back! So we thought we would share with you all.:D

This one has very different coloring than the one a few days ago. Same father, but different mothers by the way. 168 days incubation.

They don't usually break out with the head at the top like this...
2009-04-29_4005.jpg

Very heart-shaped shell...
2009-04-30_3999.jpg

2009-04-30_4001.jpg

2009-04-30_4002.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Oh you poor people!!! Its really a shame that those little creatures keep messing up your pretty eggs!

Yvonne

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Are you kidding??????????? I could look at pictures like this all day. Is that baby going to stay heart shaped? Don't laugh...I don't know anything about pancakes. I can only imagine how excited you must be. Keep those pictures coming.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
terryo said:
Are you kidding??????????? I could look at pictures like this all day. Is that baby going to stay heart shaped? Don't laugh...I don't know anything about pancakes. I can only imagine how excited you must be. Keep those pictures coming.

We never laugh at questions (we're both educators, we're used to it ;) ) but we would guess no they don't grow out of the heart shape entirely. We have some juvenile pancakes, not related to these hatchlings. One of them has always been heart-shaped. She is the one on the left in the photo.

2008-09-30_1226.jpg

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Tim & Robin what a lovely little pancake. I love its darker coloring. looks like it had a bit of an egg sack left. Congragulations and keep those pics coming. Who can resist pancakes that don't add weight to your hips ;)

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Hatching them out must be just the coolest thing! (too bad if I ever want to experience that myself I will have to wait until little Anouska is like 7 years old! lol) I love baby pictures. I wish there were twice as many!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Tim & Robin, PLEASE DO NOT STOP POSTING PICS :D we love your pics.
Congrats on the new baby, he is beautiful!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Congrats on the sweet babies!

Lynn DeVries

5 Year Member
Iowa
Awsome!!

I am so happy that dedicated people like you are working with this incredible species! Good Job! :D

Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies.