The Russians

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichelleCarrigan78

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
Is it me or do all Petco's tell customers their Russian Tortoises are under a year old, yet when research is done, they all seem to be wild caught adults? I bought one a few weeks ago, was told he was a baby, but his straight carapace length is 4 inches and his shell seems to be pretty beat up to be a baby...

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
I think many of Petco's employees have little knowledge of Russian tortoises and aren't intentionally misleading customers- they are simply repeating what they have been told (misinformed)

To my knowledge, all Russian tortoises sold at Petco are wild caught, and since they have to be at least 4 inches they are all adults.
You should post pictures of your new addition! :)

Here is a picture of the Russians at my local Petco. I wanted to bring one home soo badly...
rush.jpg

elahmine

5 Year Member
I bought both my torts from petco. They are the only ones around here that sells RTs. They didn't tell they were babies. However, my torts are doing just fine so far. They are eating fine, and they both seem to enjoy each others company. They are indoor torts, but I take them outside for exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.