The Mt. Torts:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
Here are a few of my mt. tortoises hanging out in the outdoor enclosure. Hope you like them

Only the "females" were out the "males are hiding in the cave... i put quotes because who knows if they will actually go the way we plan as far as male and female, lol

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

Kyle

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Really nice pics.
Your tortoises are very cute and look very happy, I love their eyes, so amazing.
Thanks for sharing

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Looking good. I yhlnk we have another muddy tort convert.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
so prehistoric looking! what little beauties! They look like little chocolate torts...do they all have names? I think if I ever aquired any, I would end up naming mine after kinds of chocolate! (Hershey, Cocoa, Bittersweet.... The list goes on! :D)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They are so light colored it makes me wonder if they are the forest tort and not the mountain tort. On the plastron, the pointed scute just behind the front legs...does it form a smal triangle or does it go clear across the tort and each scute meets the other at the middle? (Pectoral scute)

http://www.chelonia.org/Articles/diffmanouria.htm

Yvonne

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Are you saying forest as in brown, and mountain as in black? on all 4 they meet in the middle. They should be blacks. They are vic morgan babies the blue dot is also from him which is suppose to be male, i'm hoping. lol.. i can get pictures though you guys can check it out. I use to have brown mt. tortoises and the line was half way.

Oh.. no names.

Here are a few pictures: these are kind of hard to see, but they do connect to the middle on all 4. Either way though, brown or black forest or mt. they are fun to have

M_emys3.jpg

M_emys4.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I myself was thinking forest tort also, I say them being sold a few years ago in a pet store near me. Nice pics though and great looking torts to.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
They are blacks. MEPs.

sendie

10 Year Member!
Lake Jackson, TX
I was thinking something was off with mine as they are darker, but yours are so cute! I didn't realize how tiny they are until I saw the pictures of them in your hand - I just love them!!

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Yeah they are pretty small still, About 3-3.5 inches. They are just under a year old. Yeah i been told they are MEP and also get they are to light to be MEP, lol.. But from what i read and seen some MEP are lighter in color and darken up over time, i could be wrong, but some of mine have really dark spots on the shell.. I'm just enjoying them one step at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.