The day has arrived! New enclosure - pic heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Manchester, UK
Ive been waiting for this day for about 3 months! The day I could build Milly's new enclosure as she outgrew her old one. The new Zoo Med House came the other day so I built that then. And today I finished it off by attaching 2 houses together, filling it with 4 inches of coco coir, areas of sphagnum moss, hides, feeding area, water bowl, places to sleep etc.

Here's a few pics!

Milly's old box:
2.jpg

Lining the new boxes with waterproof material (shower curtain):
Complete enclosure:
3.jpg

Complete enclosure:
4.jpg

How I attached the boxes:
6.jpg

Some close up shots:
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Milly mooching around her new surroundings!
12.jpg

Cool end reads: 27oC 88% humidity
Basking spot: 32oC 67% humidity

She was very wary of the sphagnum moss! After being on only coco coir for a few months :p I hope she enjoys her new space. Any thoughts/opinions are welcome :)

Plans for the future: build an outdoor enclosure and add another box to the indoor design.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottishFish

5 Year Member
Scotland
Seems a pretty big enclosure now. Whats the total floor space?

1 Eastern Hermanns Tortoise 2.5yo

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Good idea for attaching them. Easy to dismantle if needed. And hey more space is always better. Next up is the fun decorating part, right?

I do have one very important suggestion to make.... learn to use tinypic.com! ;)

It's a pain to click on each picture attachment when there are so many. Uploading them and reposting the url link will let everyone (including guests who can't see attachments) see your pictures and enjoy them :)

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
Team Gomberg said:
Good idea for attaching them. Easy to dismantle if needed. And hey more space is always better. Next up is the fun decorating part, right?

I do have one very important suggestion to make.... learn to use tinypic.com! ;)

It's a pain to click on each picture attachment when there are so many. Uploading them and reposting the url link will let everyone (including guests who can't see attachments) see your pictures and enjoy them :)

Oh damn, Im used to attaching pics! Noted for next time, thanks :)

In actual fact, the locks proved quite useless as the boxes can still be pulled apart when they are "locked". But they are useful in the fact the boxes cant move back and forward if Milly was to push the gap open, so she cant escape. A better option would have been to use clasps so the boxes cant move in any direction.

wellington said:
Wow, she's moving on up:D nice

Haha, yep! Thanks Barb :)

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
All Milly has done all day is lie in one of the sphagnum moss hides. She's sooooooooo lazy its unbelievable. She's been lazy since the day I got her. Oh well, at least she has the option of being able to stretch her legs now! :) All the temps are right, she's just LAZY.

Status
Not open for further replies.